Rock Lake Walleye (Echo Bay Area)

Hey guys I dragged my old man out for an afternoon of fishing today since he was on holidays and had nothing better to do. He kept saying "Ah theres no pickerel in Rock Lake. You and your chum went once and got nothing but Pike and Bass." Well this time I brought the depth finder and some common sense :D . We zig-zagged over top of a 7-15 foot shoal and nailed 5 Wallys in about 2-2 1/2 hours. We were dragging worm harnesses (pickerel rigs, spin rigs, ect) with worms and minnows, right off of the bottom. The colours were Fire Tiger/perch. I geuss the problem the first time was I was trolling waaaaaay too fast. I forgot how lazy these buggers are!

I didn't get any pictures in the boat as I forgot my camera at home, but I got a cutting block picture of the 4 out of 5 we kept. There is a #10 Clown XRap beside them for size comparision.

6hkbrq.jpg

Guest ThisPlaceSucks
So my buddy wasnt lying when he said that!! Here I thought I was being played like a fiddle :lol: .

Have you fished Gordon or Caribou at all?

I have only fished Gordon. Similar but with less camps...

Only seen it in winter though. Tons of little hammerhandles and a few 'eyes to boot.

Lemme know if you fish it on open water...

Haven't been to Caribou...Guys I know rent huts there in winter...Apparently they are real cheap and the fishing isn't bad.

I have only fished Gordon. Similar but with less camps...

Only seen it in winter though. Tons of little hammerhandles and a few 'eyes to boot.

Lemme know if you fish it on open water...

Haven't been to Caribou...Guys I know rent huts there in winter...Apparently they are real cheap and the fishing isn't bad.

My buddy was at Caribou last week, they got 3 walleye and 2 pike drifting with worm harnesses. Me and him are gonna go and try Gordon lake and see what we can do B) .

Good stuff archie...nice looking supper there.

I had the same problem today....my fishing buddy Lew just wont slow down....lol...he trolls way to fast IMHO...i'm a terrible passenger....much happier when i'm in control of the boat :rolleyes:

Yah if it weren't for my old man badgering me to slow down, we probably would have never got them :D . Aaah I love being young and ignorant.

Also Limey thank you very much for the float jig setup, I meant to pm you back last night but forgot.