Sign in to follow this  
JeffBornFishin

Upper Buckhorn today

Headed out this morning on Chemong, was nice and calm very little wind.

Hit the usual spots with the usual small offerings.

Water temps now 67F.

Fish are more active than they were a few days ago.

Boat traffic increased and it was becoming anoying so I moved on over to Buckhorn lake.

Found some nice sized perch and a few wgsf.

Started targeting walleye and came up with a few OOS bass.

Then out of now where on a weedline in about 7 FOW i hook into my first decent walleye for 2009.

Grabbed the new net and slimed it for the first time. :D

Measured 19.5 inches.

HPIM2391.jpg

HPIM2382.jpg

HPIM2390.jpg

HPIM2389.jpg

HPIM2388.jpg

This one put up a decent fight and was released to fight another day.

After the walleye more perch etc.

I watched as an impressive storm rolled through towards the south.

I managed to stay dry :thumbsup_anim:

After it let up I called it a day.

Hoping to get back out tomorrow :Gonefishing:

Edited by JeffBornFishin

That is a nice walleye Jeff, good to see. Good job on releasing it as well. I know how tough it can be to let a tasty fish go.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Topics

• Search and recovery here in Haldimand County today.

I heard the 1st yellow Coast Guard helicopter fly by very low about 2PM. The pilot was circling our place continually, not a good sign. I was going to a friends at Featherstone Point on the west shore about 3. There were 5 OPP vehicles and about 30 folks gathered at the cottage of a very close friend that had passed a few years back. His daughter rents it as a vacation property now. When I got to Featherstone there were 3 boats west of the point. Our OPP Zodiac and 2 from our Coast Guard station

in General Discussion

• Got a new truck today

I bought a new F150 Lariat last year and absolutely loved the truck but there was a serious issue with the 5 litre engine so Ford installed another engine recently and that one had issues too. I told them I was done with the 5 litre and didn't want the truck back. I wanted to replace the truck and get one with the 3.5 EcoBoost instead and I've never seen a dealership do so much to make a customer happy. There's already a great "Employee Discount" thing going on which knocks a pile of $$$$ o

in General Discussion

• Great Week on Nip/Upper French

Another great week at Sandy Haven Camp on Nip/Upper French.  Been going there for over 35 years and its about as good as it's ever been.   Three generations of Dietz boys hit the Nipissing grand slam.  Boated two muskies, had hooks in two more and numerous follows.   The walleye bite was hot with 40-50 fish days and limits of keepers.   Bass fishing, smallies and largemouth, was real good too.   That place is on fire!

in General Discussion

• Lower Buckhorn - Kawartha Kayak Fishing Club GTG

Calling all Kayak Anglers! The Kawartha Kayak Fishing Club (aka KKFC) is having a fishing get together tomorrow (Saturday, June 22) on Lower Buckhorn. If anyone would like to join us please see the link at the bottom of this post. Lower Buckhorn is a gorgeous lake, with great fishing. Unfortunately there are no public launches so there is a $10 fee per vehicle (car/truck not kayak) to launch and park at the private resort we're meeting at. Please consider this an open invite to jo

in General Discussion

• Walleye fishing was off today

Went out this morning greeted by a fierce east wind . Tryed several spots and no takers today not to waste much time switched gears to crappie and the spots were void of people and they were Hungary kept half limit for dinner . 

in General Discussion