Sign in to follow this  
mpagnan

Whiteman's Creek Advice

I was wondering if anyone who's fished Whiteman's can offer me some advice on where to go? Now, I'm not looking for your hot-spot but just general locations (where roads meet the creek) because I'm heading out tomorrow morning and I don't have much time at all to scout and then fish.

Thanks,

MJP

P.S. If anyone wants to go PM me.

there are special regulations on whiteman's so read up in your reg. book. or online.

i've fished the creek as a kid for many years back in the early 90's. it's not nearly as good

as it once was. over fishing and everyone keeping their limit (back then i think it was 8).

i would suggest getting out as early as possible to increase your chances and don't keep any

you catch out of respect for the locals.

the great thing about it though is the scenery.

take hwy 53 and just before you get into burford from brantford turn

north on one of the sideroads.

that's all i'll say for now. the rest you'll have to figure out yourself.

good luck

I saw some of the creek today and there are many deep pools out there. I just don't know what to go with? All spinners or try some flys with a float bubble.

Watch out fer killer beavers.

JF

Thats funny once we were electrofishing it and a beaver jumped right up on my buddy. Scared the crap out of him...didnt do my buddy much good either.

Thats funny once we were electrofishing it and a beaver jumped right up on my buddy. Scared the crap out of him...didnt do my buddy much good either.

Is electrofishing done with a spinning rig or a baitcaster?

JF

Ahhh! I've been hoping the good fish fairy will leave me one of them in my stocking. There are days when you just can't buy a fish. Mebbe that wand thingy will make all my fishing dreams come true.

JF

JF

TNT does the same thing but leave nothin alive, your choice

I like to be alive after the fact. YMMV

JF

Is any of Whiteman's on private property?

I've been hesitant to fish other than in Apps Mill because I'm not sure if I'd be trespassing. Am I okay as long as I stay in the water?

Thanks!

I've always found blue fox spinners to work well there.

I also did fairly well with single eggs...

It's been about 6 years since I fished it, I used to fish mainly between cleaver and mill street, sometimes I'd head up the between mill and bishopgate, but always did better the other way...