Simcoe Part 2

young_one

Funny story, on thurseday night, my gd friend (not very good at fishing) was reluctant to wake up 6am in the morning to go fishing, so we bet on the Laker and Magic game. If Lakers win, he comes with me, if not he stays home and sleep in.

Well... he came and caught the biggest fish in his life.

Like last time we pretty much fish within the pack, and at first we tried to catch Whities at the very bottom. (80FOW)

For some reason, EVERYONE was catching except for us. HONESTLY! every direction was catching white fish, except for us.

Lure: #7 Chub colour jigging rapala, Blue Fox jig 3/4 oz tipped with wht tube, Buck shot spoon.

Line: 15lb main pWp w/ 10lb florucarbon tip

Technique: lift, drop, pop, pause

Please help me, what am I doing wrong?

Super frustrated with not catching but seeing fish landed in every direction, I reeled my buckshot spoon quickly back to the boat. THEN I caught my first Laker! a small 2lber. I realize the Lakers are in the middle water column, so I switched to my killer tube and followed the sonar closely. I saw a school, reeled my tube towards the same depth, BAM fish on! Another 3lb Laker!

4608_95171361706_505661706_2405603_1323975_n.jpg

4608_95172951706_505661706_2405608_2349317_n.jpg

I see a pattern, immediantly I switched up for my friend.

He fished for an hr or 2 without success and the last 10min befor we were leaving. He got a hit! At first we thought it was a small fish, but there were air bubbles coming from the deep, my first instinct was, "TURTLE"!? Few min later after a great fight the fish came close to the surface and it was a 6.6lb Laker! Not the biggest for many but for my friend, the thing was a beast, and truly memorable!

4608_95172956706_505661706_2405609_7442640_n.jpg

I'll definitely try to squeeze time out of my work schedule and try Simcoe again!

nice fish

you should be catching whitefish

I like meegs with a green tube and williams whitefish lures

Thats all ya need on simcoe to catch any fish in the lake. Drop either one to bottom, lift, hit bottom, lift, repeat until there is a fish on the lift. Any meegs type jig will do the trick, and I like a 2" chart. tube on the end.

Sinker