Bait Auctions for cancer

out2llunge

I'm sure most of you guys aren't aware, but my wife Anitra is dying from cancer. She has been battling for a over a year and a half now and is finally succumbing to the evil that is cancer. Our two little boys (3 and 7) have been little troopers, but even they are suffering from the long standing battle.

Many of the fine folks, who are amazing bait builders in their own right have graciously donated a number of baits in an effort to raise money on Anitra's behalf. While Tooth remains a pay to play site, Johnny has opened up the Bait forum so that anyone who wishes can participate in the auctions.

If anyone wants to participate in the auctions by bidding or donating please feel free to visit Auctions for more info and to see the wide variety of baits on auction.

Many thanks for your consideration.

J.P. Braband

JP and sons:

We are sorry for the disease with which you are having to walk beside with your wife and mother.

My mother in law had Lou Gehrigs Disease and was with us at home up until her last few days in palliative care.

During those days at home when grandma couldn't talk to us, we would just be in the room with her... she liked to be on the couch in the living room so that when she woke up, she knew she was not alone.

Just being with grandma, while she slept there, was comforting enough for us.

Knowing that one day, she was going to go to His garden where she could do the gardening( her favourite past time) He asked of her was the one thing that kept her spirits up.

To this day, botbot( mydaughter) knows that her grandma is watching over her everyday from that garden and that she is never alone.

I have the same feeling as botbot does too.

Only I know my paternal father has watched over me since he passed away when I was 5 years old.

I have never felt alone when I try to remember the few memories of him that I had.

I pray that your family feels His presence as He calls for his children to come back to Him someday.

Sincerely,

Splashhopper and botbot

PS.. here is one of my favourite prayers in times like this:

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace,

Where there is hatred, let me sow love;

where there is injury, pardon;

where there is doubt, faith;

where there is despair, hope;

where there is darkness, light;

where there is sadness, joy;

O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console;

to be understood as to understand;

to be loved as to love.

For it is in giving that we receive;

it is in pardoning that we are pardoned;

and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.

Edited by splashhopper