Nipissing in June

kickingfrog

Really nice fish!

Just moved up to North Bay and was wondering where some good spots to try. I just have my 14 foot Sportspal with a 3 HP, wasn't too sure about taking it out on Nipissing, after seeing how fast the wind can pick up out there. :o

Have never caught a walleye...so using a worm harness is good, by the looks of it, lol...I have Gulp natural crawlers, they seem to to do well in many other applications, would they work?

This slow drifting you speak of, is that accomplished with electric trolling motor? If so, I'll have to wait for a bit on that...lol. Any pointers welcome tho...love it up here, Trout Lake looks awesome too and all the string of lakes connected down to Mattawa!

Trout Lake is great.

Nipissing can be a challenge even in a large boat sometimes, other times it can be a paddlers dream. The South Bay area has more islands that offer some protection from the wind.

I use only scented plastics on my harnesses. That and some jigs with a few different plastic bodies is all some people ever use on Nipissing, and they do quite well.

i missed my spring trip up to nippissing this year.........now i REALLY MISS IT!!! Thanks for bringing all those images of the lake back to my brain. In a way......yer killin me lol, but i still thank you :)

Edited by Blaque