Hows the musky on pigeon lake so far

Jeff Wiles

We got a few out of sturgeon on thursday, but nothing to brag about. Biggest was 38". Its taking a while for the weeds to get up in there for some reason. All the fish were still beat up from the spawn, and water temps were 62 in the morning, 67 by the time we left at 5pm. I'm gonna try pigeon this week, let me know how ya make out!!

S.

We left Welland at 2:00 am got to Nogies Creek at 4:45am fishing by 5:00am casted all around the old sunset slips nota. Saw a 36" musky after 3hrs went to the 2 islands I raised a 30"er on a pink buck tail. 9:00am we started trolling till 8:00pm with NO FISH saw 2 on the left side of the big island.

PIGEON LAKE SUCKS :o :o :o

All in all a good birthday my buddy got me a Abu 6500 c3 and a Storm kicking minnow. :P and saw some fish in the shallow water. <_<

Tight Lines

Jeff

Well, I just got home from fishing Pigeon from Friday until Sunday. And as far as musky fishing goes, I suck.

I fished shallow, fished deep, fished rocks, fished weeds and everything in between with big lures, small lures, single and double bladed spinners, spinnerbaits, cranks, plastics, jerks and gliders and the only musky I saw was one that was casually cruising under my boat. I was talking to two other fellows who were going at it hard, and they found it tough as well. The highlight was a 22" pickeral caught on a Bulldawg.

The weather was great, sunny and mild with low winds for the most part. Maybe that could be my excuse. Andy

The weather was great, sunny and mild with low winds for the most part.

Thats your problem right there. I like wind, clouds and even a bit of rain never seems to hurt. Calm and clear is the worste it gets for musky hunting.

S.