Crown land around Red Cedar Lake

icefisherman

Does anyone know if there is crown land available for camping around Red Cedar Lake?

This is in the Martin River Area North West of North Bay and close to Temagami?

Since Wayne is probably off line for the summer I am hoping someone else can answer this question?

I know there are some cottage rental places in the area, but can I just go in there launch my boat and get deep inside the lake in the back country and be able to pick a spot and camp for a week?

Thanks and appreciate all replies.

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

I spend most of the summer on Red Cedar.....I've go a place there. There are several camping spots on the lake and a public launch 1/4 mile from Red Cedar Camp on Hwy 64. You could always launch and park your car at Red Cedar Camp or at Temagami Riverside Lodge for a small fee.

It is not inside a Provincial Park area, and there are canoe routes through Red Cedar, so I would suspect camp sites. There is no fee for camping on crown land unless you are in a within the boundaries of a park zone beit a campground or wilderness park. eg. Lady Evelyn or Quetico. Just just take time to clean up when your done, and have a good time.

JTF

Does anyone know if there is crown land available for camping around Red Cedar Lake?

This is in the Martin River Area North West of North Bay and close to Temagami?

Since Wayne is probably off line for the summer I am hoping someone else can answer this question?

I know there are some cottage rental places in the area, but can I just go in there launch my boat and get deep inside the lake in the back country and be able to pick a spot and camp for a week?

Thanks and appreciate all replies.

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

Okay I can help you out here although it's been a while so the info may be outdated.

There were 2 small sites at the entrance to Loon bay on Red Cedar and one excellent one at the mouth of the Marten River in the narrows. It's a level grassy site on a high bank accessible by a plank ladder. (or at least it was :) ).

That said I still think you'd have a much better trip in the north end of Kipawa.

Also not mentioned earlier but I'd consider Ramsey lake right beside Biscotasing. It has a rough but okay boat launch, tons of great campsites and fantastic walleye fishing. (Infinitely better than Red Cedar and almost no people).