Finally had my "Hitch-Hiker" removed today!

rbaquial

Hey Everyone,

Finally had my surgery this morning to get my "Hitch-Hiker" removed - man, does it feel good.

After the surgery was done, he told me that he's never seen a 'bump' that was 'hard' like this before - he said he's used

to seeing them soft.... this one was literally 'hard' on the inside.... Supposedly it was a CYST... but its being sent to a

Pathologist to see what it was/is....and it it'll return! (I HOPE IT DOESN'T!)

Here are the BEFORE and AFTER pics...

BEFORE

Before.jpg

AFTER

After.jpg

That must be a relief eh.

Great job by the doctor.

Yeah, he did an amazing job! I just hope its not going to leave a big scar by October (getting married).

I used to be so self-conscious about this thing - thank god its gone now!

Scar = Character, thats my story and I am sticking with it as my poor body has got more scars than I would ever want to count, and yes most are from surgeries.

I think that you are at the better end of the deal as it is not even noticable.

FLEX

I had one similar on the lower edge of my right eye lid.....Had it removed and the test came back as a Basal cell carcinoma and the test also showed they didn't get it all. So back to the surgeon two months later and now it's all taken care of. This is a type of skin cancer and everyone should take caution with the sun. Spending over 40 years on the water caused this, so now I use sun screen every time out. I have several kinds aboard at all times. The rest of you should also make sure you use lots of sun screen.

Here's the dope on this cyst.

Basal cell carcinoma is the most common kind of skin cancer. More than 90 per cent of all skin cancers in the United States are basal cell carcinomas. Fortunately, basal cell carcinoma also is the least serious kind of skin cancer. That's because it grows slowly and rarely spreads. It spreads in less than 1 out of every 1,000 patients.

Scar = Character, thats my story and I am sticking with it as my poor body has got more scars than I would ever want to count, and yes most are from surgeries.

I think that you are at the better end of the deal as it is not even noticable.

FLEX

This is what I was thinking. i was attacked by a dog when I was a kid and had to have 118 stitches to patch her up. You can hardly notice them now...but I wouldn't care if you could :D . Also 12 or 13 on the forehead from a...beer related incident :rolleyes: .

archie, I was just picking on your post because the grammar sounded like the "dog" got the stitches.

SORRY but it's a pet peeve (no pun intended) of mine. A LOT of younger folks like to post using "text messaging like posts" and sometimes it's VERY hard to understand. Not to mention I do the same for my sons if they do it. I am a true believer that if your grammar, spelling, etc.......is bad here it will carry on with you when you don't want it to, like in a job resume. It's me, not you...........SORRY....

Bob

This is what I was thinking. I was attacked by a dog when I was a kid and it took 118 stitches to sew everything up on my mug. You can hardly notice them now...but I wouldn't care if you could :D . Also 12 or 13 on the forehead from a...beer related incident :rolleyes: .

Fixed :D . I try no to type in "text sentences" as I know it is frustrating as hell to read...sometimes I let jibberish like that slip :) .

Edited by archie_james_c