Bow mounts off the left instead of the right?

sconceptor

Any reasons why it wouldn't be good to put the bow mount off the left side instead of the right???? I just bought a new to me princecraft and with the rope tie down locations it appears the simpliest place for the bow mount leads it to the left.

Thanks for the input!

I'm not sure I understand the question, but I don't thing there is any reason it wouldn't be just fine. My bowmount deploys to the left......I think. The prop end goes in the water on the port side.

Sinker

I don't think there is a right or wrong. I would guess that it usually goes off to the left because for a console boat the wheel is usually on the right, which is the side that most people dock on. This would leave the bow mount away from the dock so it does not get damaged? Just a guess?

Usually mounted on the left to give the driver a better view while under power

Yea wut he said, it would be in the way if it was mounted on the right. You never know when your up to speed what's behind that trolling motor. You can do a test and sit on the left to see your viability.

If the trolling motor is on the left side, then your fishing partner gets all the water spray and weeds from the trolling motor flying back in his face when your running from spot to spot. I like to leave most of the weeds on the trolling motor for just that reason, especially when the person that's with me is catching more fish

Edited by Fang

Yea wut he said, it would be in the way if it was mounted on the right. You never know when your up to speed what's behind that trolling motor. You can do a test and sit on the left to see your viability.

Not so much in a console... but a tiller would prolly be blinded by it!!!

This is the correct reason.

With console boats especially, every bit of weight you can put on the port side will compensate for the weight of the console/dash and the fat, no account lazy dude sitting at the helm, starboard side.

At least that was what they told me at the power and sail squadron.

This is the correct reason.

With console boats especially, every bit of weight you can put on the port side will compensate for the weight of the console/dash and the fat, no account lazy dude sitting at the helm.

At least that was what they told me at the power and sail squadron.

If I remember correctly, a tiller slob sits to one side or the other and not in the center of the boat... that's so he can look around the side of the gunwales so he can see where the hell he's going!!! :rolleyes:

If I remember correctly, a tiller slob sits to one side or the other and not in the center of the boat... that's so he can look around the side of the gunwales so he can see where the hell he's going!!! :rolleyes:

Have you lost your way Glen? That's got to be the most feeble attempt at a rebuttal from you that I've ever seen.

Well Glen, you can holler and rant all you want but I KNOW that you'd give your eye tooth for a tiller.

What do you make of these Glen???

DSC01155-1.jpg

This is my favorite though....you really seem to be enjoying yourself.

DSC01152-1.jpg

Well Glen, you can holler and rant all you want but I KNOW that you'd give your eye tooth for a tiller.

What do you make of these Glen???

DSC01155-1.jpg

This is my favorite tough....you really seem to be enjoying yourself.

DSC01152-1.jpg

It beats fishing from shore! ;)

... barely!!! :lol: