• Similar Topics

• Honda 2.3 HP review

Well, we've had 4 trips out with this new 2019 Honda 2.3 air cooled and I have got to say I'm impressed! First of all I got an excellent deal on it, just under $1000.00 all in and a 5 year warranty, RL Sports in Verner were wonderful to deal with! When I picked up the motor it had been fully serviced, tested, and was ready to go fishing. That's service you don't get from the big box stores! Weighing only 29 lbs it's easy to transport which makes it ideal for getting into those little b

in General Discussion

• Oil Filter - Tohatsu 20HP 4 stroke

I have a small puzzle. I need to replace oil filter in my Tohatsu. Dealer says to go with original ones. Sure, no problem, the thing is they are not available in Canada What replacements would you guys recommend? This page lists a few, I am just not sure which one would be best https://www.tohatsu.com/accessories/oil.html  

in General Discussion

• 2 stroke oil vs healthcare

Was down in South Carolina this past week and decided to stock up on some oil for the outboard for this year. Last year I paid $58 a jug for quicksilver (TC-W30) approved oil. Other option is Mercury's oil, yamalube (if you can find it) or Amsoil. All typically over $60. I think there was a dealer in Huntsville that was selling cases last year for $48 a jug of mercury if I can remember correctly. Anywho, headed to walmart and got pennzoil XLF for $17 a jug! I get it, we have healthcare

in General Discussion

• Honda 2.3 HP Outboard

Just managed to score a really good deal on a brand new Honda 2.3 HP 4 stroke air cooled outboard, out the door with a 5 year warranty for a little over $950.00. I had been looking for something small and light for a while now because I want to fish a few small out of the way lakes this summer. We have a small boat stashed at one of them but trying to paddle the boat and fish especially if it was windy at all proved to be a real challenge for me last year. I had thought about getting an ele

in General Discussion

• 4 stroke marine oil

Sad day...winterized the boat today. Had a tough time finding 10w30 4 stroke marine oil BUT I saw tons of 25W40 4 stroke marine oil. I had never noticed this type of oil before. Is this what is being recommended now for 4 stroke engine oil? I did find eventually some 10w30 and bought it but was surprised how much of the other I was seeing (maybe there was so much because nobody buys it!) My engine is a 90 hp Yamaha 4 stroke from 2013 if that makes any difference.

in General Discussion