Coolest June?

siwash

If this isn't the coolest June ever so far, it's gotta be close! Usually, we'v had at least one or two good "heat waves" by now... Our furnace is still pumping away at night consistently and I cannot remember the the last time that has happened... ever since the May long weekend it's been darn cool!

What happened to the prediction of a warm spring/summer?

I'll bet weed growth is way behind... water temps definitely are...

ya it seems like its taking forever for the warm water to get here. the lake trout seem to be loving it and are probably taking a good beating. it'll eventually come, this is a "normal" year which we havent had in quite a few years due to "global warming"

The good heat waves came in april if you recall! We got close to 90 degrees here in Barrie. Man that seems like a long time ago. I agree its about time to see some 75 degree temps or better

No complaints from me, the bugs haven't been that bad this year, at least with any consistency.

I launched my boat while it was snowing yesterday morning. Ridiculous.

Caught a walleye that dumped its milt on my gunnel.

There was a little ice between the cedar strips in my canoe.

My compost hasn't seen a fly, cause it's still partly frozen.

There is snow still on some shorelines.

I agree it is a cool June.

Have no fear!

The Stanley Cup will be decided on Friday and summer like weather will arrive on Saturday.

There is a little know Ontario law...forbidding warm weather before the Cup is awarded.

Or maybe it's just until the Leafs win the Cup again, it's been so long I forget....grin.

Weather in North Bay has been crap compared to normal. We haven't had any heat at all to speak of. We're lucky to hit 20 C once in a while.

Surface water temp on Nipissing when I was out fishing this evening was 58 F.

The drums are spawning I guess. I caught 3 tonight, one of them about 7 lb... lost a couple more. Got two keeper pickerel under the slot. Not bad for a short time fishing.

Those drums can fight... much like a bass, but no aerials.

Definitely throwing my fishing off.. normally by now the cabbage beds are starting and the dragonflies are out. That's when I nail the 'eyes shallow before the mayfly hatch... not happening this year. Not yet anyway.

I go out and troll around - the finder says the fish are there, but above water it's just me and the bugs.

ya it seems like its taking forever for the warm water to get here. the lake trout seem to be loving it and are probably taking a good beating. it'll eventually come, this is a "normal" year which we havent had in quite a few years due to "global warming"

Normal? the 75 year avg is 25 C at this time of the year in this part of the world...

It rarely hit 65F let alone 70F

Have no fear!

The Stanley Cup will be decided on Friday and summer like weather will arrive on Saturday.

There is a little know Ontario law...forbidding warm weather before the Cup is awarded.

Or maybe it's just until the Leafs win the Cup again, it's been so long I forget....grin.

Back in '93 (tht glorious doug gilmour inspired cup run) I went to several games in the playoffs in may at the Gardens and it was 90 F most eve. in the building by the time LA cheated us out of the plyoff...

I launched my boat while it was snowing yesterday morning. Ridiculous.

Caught a walleye that dumped its milt on my gunnel.

There was a little ice between the cedar strips in my canoe.

My compost hasn't seen a fly, cause it's still partly frozen.

There is snow still on some shorelines.

I agree it is a cool June.

Holy turd, where do you live??? snow? yikes...

And you think you'll avoid th inevitable? once it does get a bit warmer they might be worse!!

It was colder then normal, got this off a weather page for Toronto

That number is nearly identical to the average daily high, excluding yesterday's June-like weather, making May 2008 just the second since 1985 to record an average high below 17C.

Y'all don't really want all that heat stuff :devil:

It's been in the upper 80' and low 90's down here for a while now and hotter than a fresh frigged fox in a forrest fire!!! :angry:

I have to drink a gallon and a half of ice water during the day while working in my yard just to stay hydrated! B)

The air conditioner runs constantly during the day, and I'm sure the electricity bill isn't going to be pretty!

Y'all don't really want all that heat stuff :devil:

It's been in the upper 80' and low 90's down here for a while now and hotter than a fresh frigged fox in a forrest fire!!! :angry:

I have to drink a gallon and a half of ice water during the day while working in my yard just to stay hydrated! B)

The air conditioner runs constantly during the day, and I'm sure the electricity bill isn't going to be pretty!

How's the front lawn doin with that heat Glen????

How's the front lawn doin with that heat Glen????

Well last month it was a mudhole, and now it's a dust bowl! :rolleyes:

I'm still tilling and shaping, but making some pretty good progress now!... maybe I'll be done by first frost :rolleyes:

I need me arse kicked for even starting this project... what the hell was I thinking???

GLOBAL COOLING!!!

The scientists have discovered the remedy for global warming hurray!

We can go back to gas guzzling trucks, 24/7 Central air, and lights on all day and night to keep things bright.

The worst is over folks...enjoy :P

The Farmers out here in Sask have seeded for the most part, but are unable to fertilze due to freezing Temperatures at night. Only had two calls for Grassland fires this Spring

Edited by holdfast

[quote name='GCD' date='Jun 10 2009,

I have to drink a gallon and a half of ice water during the day

OH NO DAWG !!! say it isn't so...you mean straight water with nuttin' in it but ice?

Don't you know fish have sex in water...Cripes son ...you gonna rust inside :whistling:

Well last month it was a mudhole, and now it's a dust bowl! :rolleyes:

I'm still tilling and shaping, but making some pretty good progress now!... maybe I'll be done by first frost :rolleyes:

I need me arse kicked for even starting this project... what the hell was I thinking???

It was probably the bottle of sour mash that was doing the thinking for you. :P