Pike fishing with the little guy

Banger68

I took my son out for a little pike fishing this weekend. Loaded up the 12' tinny headed for Robson Lake. It's a small lake northeast of Durham on the Bruce pen.

On the trip up I'm explaining what a pike is and his eyes keep growing bigger. I think it was in fear, not anticipation. :rolleyes: LOL.

We get out there and starting throwing the same as I was catching with up in Parry Sound ... nothing. So, I put on a big sucker minnow under a bobber for him. Well we didn't have to wait for long and the bobber went down with enthusiasm. A couple reminders to keep his rod up and he brought in his 1st pike. I wasn't bad at about 20". I'm kicking myself for not getting a picture. He had another one on a couple minutes later but lost it. When he brought the minnow in (what was left of it anyways) he piped up in a loud voice "what happened to him?!". So,"remember those teeth" I told you about.

Soon after some gloomy clouds started coming in so I called it a day. But he had a couple good stories for his Mom and sister about the strong Pike and the mushed up minnow.

Edited by Banger68