West Lake

Shawn.V

Me and my fishing buddies were thinking of going out to west lake for some walleye and pike action, having never fished the lake and it being a long drive for us i wa wondering if anyone could coment on whether or not is is worth the extra little bit of driving.

the walleye are generally pretty small in West, so are the pike... the walleye fishing is not as good as it used to be in there... a few years ago it was really hot, but a lot of the locals would keep their limit every day, some would keep more than their limit every day (and that's not an exaggeration - i saw it first hand)... there are also a lot of bass in West, obviously not in season yet... again mostly small though.

if you catch a fish over 3 pounds it is a good fish for that lake, and it should be released.

if you want big fish - go to Quinte

a few years ago it was really hot, but a lot of the locals would keep their limit every day, some would keep more than their limit every day (and that's not an exaggeration - i saw it first hand)...

And let's not forget the numerous nets strung throughout the lake...

good fishery, but, like others have said...lots of small stuff. I've fished it a few times, lots of fun with the bass, ran into 2 walleye accidentally, lots of small pike.