Ford Ranger owners...

Lunker777

The current Tacoma isn't a small truck, it's a mid sized at best.

The last small truck Toyota made was the '03 Tacoma.

Billy Bob: 24 MPG Imperial is more then believable. Imperial MPG's are not equal US MPG's.. 24IMP comes out to just under 20MPG US.

Thanks BillM. :) You took the words right out of my mouth.

Well thank you all for the input... It really helped me out.

So I asked if A-plan would help the price abit and he said he had to do some figuring and would give me a call back... Called back this morning and says that 0% is now off the truck... so that will make my payment REDICULOUS ! So I dont think I'll be getting a new truck for a while... Ill have to ask the father n'law to borrow his ride !

Thanks again for the help !

Lunker.....if you have A-plan it will knock at least 3k off I think......I buy mine on A/Z plan and thats what I seem to remember. A plan is almost always BELOW the cost of what the dealer can even pay for it IIRC. The Five-0 event is still on according to their website (0 down, 0% interest, 0$ first months payment, 0 due on delvery and 0 security deposit)......so I would go to another dealer if you are still interested, and dont mess around with pricing.....just tell them its A plan then they cant screw you......Some dealers do not like to sell on A plan because they make very little on it. I thought the practice of turning away A plan sales went away but it seems its still going on......

Hey the ford Rangers are now going for 12,659 thats 4000 off from last friday when i was going to buy one. its like 275 per month to buy......my truck broke down two weeks ago, if i was unable to fix the rearend i was going to buy it for the 16,ooo.

Now i just shake my head, my trucks fixed...but it has 340 km ...but still runs, Im tempted do go in and buy but i like the noooooooooooooooooo payments on this truck.

looks like i will drive it into the ground and then buy one.......

Had a Ranger a short while ago, used.

OK for 'normal' use and towing a 14' tinny

Put a small tent trailer behind it, and it died when it got to a hill.

Milage towing was atrocious, and had no guts on the hills, I think the new ones are only rated at 24 miles a gallon, Would'nt thank you for another one.

Had a Ranger a short while ago, used.

OK for 'normal' use and towing a 14' tinny

Put a small tent trailer behind it, and it died when it got to a hill.

Milage towing was atrocious, and had no guts on the hills, I think the new ones are only rated at 24 miles a gallon, Would'nt thank you for another one.

What engine did it have ? and was it 2wd or 4x4

You know what they say "there is a sucker born every minute" Want to be one buy a Ford Ranger

Sounds like someone who has no experience with a Ranger.

I asked this same question a few years ago. After reading all the reviews and getting all the biased answers I decided to buy a Ranger. Now keep in mind I'm not partial to any automaker, but if I was it would be GM trucks over Ford. I much prefer our GM work trucks to our Fords.

The truck I bought replaced a 1999 Cavalier Z24 that I used to haul my 14.5' boat with 30 hp motor shown in my avatar. I decided to buy a 2004 extended cab EDGE with 3.0L engine, auto trans in 2x4. I bought my boxliner from a member here for half price compared to all other sources at the time. I believe it was Percher from Burlington (sorry if I got that wrong). Contact him if you need one.

My truck now has 120,000 km. Aside from regular oil changes I hadn't put anything into it until recently. I replaced the MAF sensor at 110,000 km. I replaced the muffler and flushed the brake fluid yesterday. I will need new front brakes soon, but the rear are fine.

I only have three complaints about the truck.

1) The seat has no height adjustment. At only 6 feet tall my head is nearly bumping the ceiling.

2) I should have bought 4x4. Snowy/icy roads are trouble. Never any trouble at the boat launch.

3) The OEM pads seem extra soft and leave dust like crazy.

I'll drive this truck until it dies. Then I will research its replacement. I may not end up with another Ford, but I would not hesistate to buy another Ranger. In the current market place with the current vehicles available I would choose the Ranger again. To me, resale means nothing since I plan to use the truck up. Therefore, there is no benefit to buying a Toyota or Nissan since they are no more reliable.

It is of course, your choice. Good luck with whatever you choose.

Sounds like someone who has no experience with a Ranger.
:lol:

Where do you wanna start , balljoints lowers and uppers ,with the uppers there 2 or 3 choices to choose from and half the time Ford is not sure which one your truck was built with <_< Rack and pinions very common tie rods , Transmissions are weak and BIG dollars to rebuild the braking system is crap ..........ect,ect

Most times you are really much better off with a full size truck.......the small/mid size trucks DO NOT get much better gas mileage than the full size trucks and get LESS mileage than what a full size truck gets when towing. Not to mention how much taxing is being placed on that smaller tow vehicle.

I have had both so I am speaking from experience.......not to mention how much better and SAFER towing is with a full size truck. That was my #1 reason I went back to a full size truck. I have towed my boat all over the US and through Ontario and when I had a smaller truck I really had to watch myself on long trips. If I was fully loaded I would have to stay at 60 mph at the most and then leave plenty of room for stopping. I was always a bit nervous while towing with my FORD Escape......... I no longer have those fears with my full size truck.

But to each his own.....but if you think you are going to save a lot of gas with the smaller tow vehicle, well it just doesn't work out like that....... :(

I had a 94 Ranger that I towed an 1978 15 foot (or 18 ft. can't remember) with from Georgia to West Virginia through the mountains and used the same truck to dump it in several lakes (including Chemong) for a couple of years.

I was 4.0L, 2WD and I only ever had problem on one ramp that was remote and rarely used. It was concrete but had a ton of algae and vegetation on it but I made it out after some spinning.

I was running Bridgestone Duelers, which were dogs and I hated them. I think if you have a 2wd and some BFG AT K/Os which I had on at the end, you would have zero problem.

Heads up to the Toyota fans ..Buddy got one in the States a few years back, its the smaller one, they were recalled because the undercoating had trapped water and rusted out the frame. He loves the truck tho and it didn't rust out..

Just because they aren't offering 0% doesn't mean you can't get it. Just tell em this is the deal or no deal.

Anybody got a low mileage 86 F250 4x4 supercab, I might only have a couple more years in mine if I keep plowing snow.

Heads up to the Toyota fans ..Buddy got one in the States a few years back, its the smaller one, they were recalled because the undercoating had trapped water and rusted out the frame. He loves the truck tho and it didn't rust out..

That's pretty old news on the Toyota Tacoma truck, but for anyone that has one here's the deal.......

1995-2000 Tacos. Toyota will inspect it first and if it the mechanic sees the rust as not being worth repairing, they will give you 150% of the Tacoma in excellent condition for your year. For example, if you currently own a 1997 Taco that's in poor shape and you have the rust issue, they will buy back your Taco for the market value of a 1997 Taco in excellent condition plus 50%. How's that for taking care of your customers? Also, they've extended the rust warranty to fifteen years as well. Here are a couple of links to show you.

http://jalopnik.com/376911/rusty-toyota-...

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showth...

Edited by Billy Bob

Before the F150, I had a 95 Ranger XLT 2x4,4.0L, Manual..

Great little truck..put 200k on it before selling to my father (that should tell you a lot!)

No trouble but normal stuff (Brakes,tires, battery, etc).

The only thing was - it was WAY light in the rear end for winter...you need to put 300lbs in the box for it to even consider driving ok in the winter...but this is normal for 2x4 trucks..

Snow tires were a must...

But, other than that - no complaints..

That 4.0 was a great engine..

I have a 2000 Ford Ranger great truck and it tows my boat no problem 120km on the highway and running 3000 rpm, hand Nisson crap had a S10 nothing but problems in the front end but the Ranger 260 000 Km runs great 600 Km per tank it's a 3.0L 5speed ext cab the people who say there car or truck dies when going up hill CHANGE YOUR 02 sencer ALL of them the Ranger has 3 S10 has 4 I believe. It will give you more power and give better gas millage.