Camping and fishing trip ?

Anywhere along the saugeen is prime...we used to drop in at paisley and canoe all the way to Dennys Dam.. ( taking our time and fishing for three days)...this requires two vehicles ( up and down stream)...but there is some pretty incredible scenery to occupy the photographer on the trip and plenty of fish to accommodate the rods

Good luck

boy oh boy.... some of these park names are bringing back memories of when i was a kid....

hmmmm

B)

Lots of stuff to do at Cypress Lake National Park. Crystal clear if cold water for swimming and you can canoe and fish in Cypress Lake itself good walleye and smallmouth fishing.

another real nice spot is on the way up to Sauble ....turn right on Silver lake road and drive until you see the lake ...litterally right beside the road...i drove by it today and thought it was a prestine place to spend some quality time fishing..but i dont own a canoe or row boat anymore..

As far as crown land ...im not sure but we were always respectful of the land we stopped and set up camp on and never had any issues with hostile farmers or authorities...we actually left no evidence we were ever there...but we did have a camp fire with a farmer and his wife one trip ...they were fantastic people and didnt mind at all

I guess what im trying to say is ...if you are respectful i dont think you will have any issues with anyone ...and just might make new friends along the journey...

Good Luck and take lots of pics ...to remind me of what a fool i am for selling my canoe

Lots of stuff to do at Cypress Lake National Park. Crystal clear if cold water for swimming and you can canoe and fish in Cypress Lake itself good walleye and smallmouth fishing.

I 2nd that. My folks had a cottage up at Johnson's Harbour for over 25 years. I spent lots of time in the park hiking the various trails around Cypress lake and out to Georgian Bay. No motors allowed on Cypress so it is great for the canoe, and the swimming in Cypress is great...the water is shallow and warm...Georgian Bay...well it is always cold...but crystal clear and the shoreline trail in beauitiful and you gotta check out the grotto Cave if you make it up there.

Dorcas Bay...practically right across HWY 6 from the park is a huge public beach on Lake Huron...you can walk out forever and the water still won't be over your waist...great for the kiddies.

Beautiful country up there. I miss it a great deal now that my folks don't have a place up there.

Edited by crappieperchhunter

You guy's have named a lot of lakes and possible fishing locations. I'm heading up there this weekend with my 4 year old nefew Any recommendations? This will be his first fishing adventure and I'm hoping i can get him into some fish (doesn't matter what kind, just want to see his face when he gets one). We have a canoe to take out.

Thanks for you help