Sign in to follow this  
JohnF

Leonard Cohen's on tv now

Perhaps not everyone's taste in music but I always liked him. Gonna kick back now and watch the rest of the show.

JF

He played here in Kingston a few weeks back....people that saw him said he was fantastic!

Cheers

Listen to his lyrics. He nails so many of the little things that usually escape us. I gues ya gotta be a little bit into the hippy poet schtick from the good old days. :clapping:

JF

Love em, an amazing talent!!! A little deep for the "Twisted Sister" crowd maybe lol

My son the bass player says that his musician friends are all saying the Cohen Tour going on now is awesome.

We have to remember that Cohen fans favoured black before it meant goth.

JF

Hallelujah, wish I saw him last night

He did that. Great rendition. That show's been on a few times. Watch for it coming around again.

JF

what station was it on

I will look for it...

dang I would like to have seen it

Dunno. I've got a gazillion Starchoice channels. I'll check it out tonight if I can find it. Probably one of those PBS channels.

JF

I have seen that one before, was it recorded from the tv show?

over the years, he sure has changed the words to the song......

it may be the most recorded modern song in the world

but it took shrek, to make it popular again

Edited by Terry

I have seen that one before, was it recorded from the tv show?

over the years, he sure has changed the words to the song......

it may be the most recorded modern song in the world

but it took shrek, to make it popular again

Not from last night's show, but the same backup singers.

JF

That was one of the featured songs in Shrek, believe it or not.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this