Weekend piking on Nippissing

yakpiker

Had a very productive couple of mornings of pike fishing near Sturgeon Falls on the weekend. Despite the wind and some rain and hail, we had a great time hauling in 30 fish in 3 hours on Saturday morning and another 20 in 3 hours on Sunday morning. The fish ranged from little guys to 29 inches. Also lost about 10 more that were on and missed another 10 at the boat. Weapon of choice was spinner baits as we drifted through the reeds while casting. Lots of fun and can't wait to go back!

Pics or we don't buy it.

I got to watch all the guys fishing the North Bay shoreline this weekend.

My daughter graduated from Nippissing Uni and I was there for graduation.

Shoulda brought the boat

No pictures and only 5 posts?!?! Don't expect any pats on the back from THIS club :lol::lol: Tongue planted firmly in cheek! Way to go...nice to know that Nipissing pike still gobble up spinnerbaits...what's your colour choice? I'm partial to white and green when out that way...

Sure Dara...we'll need to see pics from your daughter's graduation too! LOL

All pike were released and they weren't big enough to warrant photos.

Here ya go.

She warrants a photo

what the heck are dynamic pages

Randy is right...we were in Cache Bay...and thanks for supporting my version of the events...fishermen are so skeptical! hee hee

JohnnyB...white was the killer colour on Saturday with silver blades in the sunshine and with a west wind. On Sunday it was darker and the wind was from the north so we kept changing colours until figuring out that black with silver blades was working best.

Dara, I was kidding about posting your daughter's photo...don't think she would be too impressed.