Sask Fishing Report

holdfast

Well I figured I would try another back lake this weekend. This one looks more promising than Fish Lake as I know there are Jack and Pickerel in Otter Creek. Just below the Picture where I drew an Arrow is a widening of the creek which the Lake has no name would be my destination. There is a really good ATV trail going in of which I knew about through my snowshoe recce in the Winter.

map1.png

Good time to test my latest project. My Canoe Cart.

P6060005.jpg

Time to load the truck at the Trailer

P6060007.jpg

My destination is about 20 Minutes South West of Big River on the Logging Road that goes to Leoville. What I will do is hide the truck off the Road to a spot that is a Mile from the Tail entrance. Best I keep the truck out of sight and out of flying stones. Ole Spike sure came in Hand with his Energy. He loved the exercise.

P6060020.jpg

Once at the Trail entrance I re Balanced the Canoe to take the weight off my hand. I would pull it rather than pushing it for more control. Next time I do this Ill bring a saw to clear the trail more.

P6060008.jpg

P6060010.jpg

As I got a glimps of the lake I got excited on what could be in the Lake. I also noticed that the shoreline had rocks which is rare in these lakes. Also the water was calm, great for trolling, and the scenery was spectacular. Also I was the only one on the lake. Excellent feeling.

P6060012.jpg

P6060009.jpg

P6060017.jpg

P6060018.jpg

P6060019.jpg

Within 5 minutes I had a fish on. I was using a light Shakespeare outfit and a Jointed Rapala and got the fish to the Canoe but lost him. It fought like a nice Walleye I thought. Too Bad. Then Five minutes later another fish but this time I got a glimpse of green. A Jack I thought. Then I would paddle and got nothing for an hour till I paddled back to where I first started and got hit after hit. The lakes deepest spot was about 20 feet with an average of 16 feet.

My Hits were small Jack but good fighting on my light gear.

P6060013.jpg

P6060014.jpg

The Dog better not get too close to that fish or lure

P6060015.jpg

Finally I got into a good fight and a meal

P6060016.jpg

I would try some frozen Minnows on a Pickerel Rig which something cleaned both my hooks before heading back. As luck would have it, I have bad luck with wheel Bearings, so why not the Bicycle wheel on the Cart also. Anyways what do expect from the Dump.

dang I wish I stil lived in Saskatchewann...

but noooooo

mom moved me out of Moosomin when I was a baby and thought Southwestern ON was a better choice...

the older i get the more i want away from people !

maybe I can take my little business out there?

honeyyy? can we move to Sask ?

You go right ahead...lol

Great report and pics holdfast :thumbsup_anim:

Got to love having a lake to yourself and like others said, good job on the canoe cart.... it certainly came handy on this excursion!!!

Good job and thanks for sharing!!!

Leechman

Cool report glad to see your persistence paid off.

I can't believe you'd park a mile from the trail entrance though LOL!

Lets see, surrounded by Pyromaniacs, with so called alcohol syndrome that dont give a damn about anybody's property or the law. No Cops around, only after the fact, Logging trucks zooming by with Golf size Rocks scattering in every direction, Does it make sense to find a trail to keep the truck out of site and out of mind, and LOL, SAVES ME ON GAS.