Crappies

My daughter and I tend to catch a bunch of these where we go fishing together.

It's alllll about the "NUMBERS" for her ! lol

Yep,, she wins everytime ;)

Any suggestions as to the edibility of these, and if so,,, recipies for my wife and I to try would be appreciated.

Thanks..

Splashhopper and botbot

Edited by splashhopper

Roll each individual fillet in a 1/2 piece of bacon and hold with a toothpick. Load in a BBQ basket if you have one and grill until bacon is cooked. We call them "crappie delights". If you don't have a basket, they can be laid out on tinfoil or a thin baking sheet on the grill.

Great recipe for the BBQ grill. Grill some onion, sweet pepper, etc...(your choice), leave in reserve.. Now wrap individual fillets in prosciutto. Put on the grill, low heat, 10 minutes, lid closed. After 10 mins. gently flip each piece, place a thin slice of a mild white cheese ( mozzarella, friulano, jack, etc...) cook for 5 more. Once done serve with the the grilled veggies as a side, or 2 fillets on a bun as a monster sandwich with the veggies as the garnish. Real yummy. Works with any white fleshed fillet.

Ironic thread as i just found a bunch of crappies over the weekend and it had been the first time ive caught one of these guys in YEARS. My comment is, they seemed to have a stronger fish odor than say a smallie, or what have you. Before i released them all, i would smell themn to make sure i wasnt goofy, and they Stink lol