Off to Rondeau bay next weekend

farsider

I'm going to Rondeau Bay provincial park next weekend. I have very little knowledge of the area. I do know that Bass won't be open yet.

What can I look forward to? Is there Pike or walleye in the bay itself?

How far out into Lake Erie proper would I have to go to get into some walleye or anything else?

I have yet to actually catch a walleye so, any info or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Mark

Pike, Perch, Bass are in the bay.... the perch are tough to come by sometimes but the pike are pretty well everywhere. Bass well, you already know the story with them... to bad you weren't coming a few weeks later because the Bass fishing is GREAT !

I found weed lines with spinnerbaits work good for pike !

If you are looking for some Perch, take the 15 minute drive around Rondeau bay to the small town of Erieau. It is just around the other side of the bay from Rondeau PP. There is a pier there that you can walk out on and fish. The morning and evening bite for perch of the pier at this time of the year should be good. You can also expect some sheephead and maybe cats. Shiners on a Pickerel rig will do you well.

There are not usually any Walleye in the bay itself, it's more of a Bass/panfish area.

Good luck

Cheers

Craig

Pike, Perch, Bass are in the bay.... the perch are tough to come by sometimes but the pike are pretty well everywhere

Good news about the pike. Shame about the timing for Bass.

The morning and evening bite for perch of the pier at this time of the year should be good.

I'll have to give that a try. Them Perch is tasty!

Thanks for the replys,

Mark