Lake Scugog Report

Went to Lake Scugog yesterday and my plan was to catch some perch and take some casts for some musky. Well i gave up pretty quick on the Musky cause i could not find some weed free water. Anyway, I was fishing in between the boat ramp and the main dock in town for perch. Was using a 1/8oz jig with a 3" leech and threw it out in the water after a follow by a perch. So put the rod down and took a few bites of my granola bar, next thing my little 5'6 Med Light spinning combo flies into the water head first and i jumped to catch it, relized the drag was set hard so i scrambled a bit and loosened the drag knowing i had something big on the line. After the fish made some splashes near the surface i saw i had a big Carp on the line, after a 15min+ fight with the Carp i myself brought it to shore.

Asked a kind lady to take some pictures with my camera for me and I was happy to of caught yet another PB. 24 1/2" carp guessing between 10-13lbs.

Also caught some smaller rock bass at the causeway and took a video of 2 carp I saw thrashing around behind the grocery store, kinda neat to see at the other end of the lake.

PB Carp-

ScreenHunter_02Jun071222.jpg

One of about 6 rockbass I caught-

ScreenHunter_06Jun071223.jpg

Water shot with the Lake Scugog Scuzz in the bottom left corner-

ScreenHunter_03Jun071222.jpg

And the Carp Video-

th_100_0828.jpg

Until Next Time,

MTBF

Nice fish buddy. I know you're more of a bass/pike/musky fisherman but if you have a couple hours to burn one day and you want a new PB carp, head down to one of the lake O river mouths near where you live, I'm sure you'll find some there and they put up a great fight.

Nice fish buddy. I know you're more of a bass/pike/musky fisherman but if you have a couple hours to burn one day and you want a new PB carp, head down to one of the lake O river mouths near where you live, I'm sure you'll find some there and they put up a great fight.

Not sure if I have the right "carp tackle" however, my little 5'6 rod worked fine lol. You never know, might be worth a try but I'm liking the #'s of Carp Scugog has.

You might have to teach me the Art of Carp fishing.