I'm a dad!

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

yeah, and when is he gonna get a job?

He gets a job... after you PAY,, ,and PAY ,,,, and PAY for his phD ! lol

But the difference this time for YOU is that you will be the one doing the encouraging at difficult times...

WTG dad... and an early happy FIRST Father's day to you ! :clapping::thumbsup_anim::D

Edited by splashhopper

I firmly believe that new life is a joy to all of us. As for advice, JohnF accurately described the situation 15 or twenty years from now. This is the time to get your hooks in, while your kid still thinks you are the man.

You want to be a part of his new experiences; read to him everyday, starting now. Have baths together, feed him and change him. And listen.

Congratulations to you and your wife.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks
congratulations! for the next few years you just cut your # of fishing days in half :lol:

probably more than half! in 2007 i spent about 70-80 days on the water...

i'm guessing that's going go to go down a lot!

BUT, when he's old enough to come with me, it will more than make up for it. Plus, I travel for work to a lot of great fishing destinations...Salmon River, Nipigon, French River etc...

Thanks for all the congrats and well wishes folks!

Congrats Doc! If they haven't come home yet, get yerself out fishin... NOW! It'll be a while before you see a lake or a river, WHENEVER YOU WANT TO!

Joking aside, there is nothing better than what you just did. Now go ahead and teach him proper catch and release!!! LOL

HH

Congrats! Nothing in life is as amazing as seeing your first child come into this world!

Interesting name choice! A good family friend who's been gone some years now was from Denmark and his name was Kaj. I always liked it and if I were to have another Son that would be his 1st or maybe 2nd name.

Congrats and tell Kai I said Happy Birthday!

He could not have picked a better day to arrive (Yes, it's my birthday too!)

Little tip, I was able to get out and do more fishing while the missus was still off on Mat leave. Just take a late night or early morning feeding, then when his belly's full and his bum is changed, lay him back down to sleep and hit the water. By the way, diaper then bottle in that order only. Don't want to take the advice then I'm not responsible for what happens :whistling:

Congrats again.