I'm a dad!

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

Last night at 5:01 pm, my first child was born. I'm sure all the dads out there know how I feel today!

I got my little fishin' buddy!

Introducing my son Kai.

IMG_3477.jpg

Congratz for sure and yes us Dads know just how you feel it sure is a amazing feeling maybe better then the PB you got last year :whistling:

All the best and hope momma is doing fine as well

Oh, I'm pretty sure that IS his new PB.

Congratulations Pops.

JF

Guest ThisPlaceSucks
Congrats Doc ...

try not to "keep" the little white thing wrapped around his bum for too long :o

yeah, and when is he gonna get a job?

Dunno why you say it's clearly not fishing related yet. It is most definitely fishing related, as well related to every non-work pleasure in which you indulge. At the risk of sounding condescending my son, control of your life has now been relegated to a higher power - yer wife, with a lot of influence from the little one. You will go fishing when they say you can. It's that simple. If you try to carpe diem (seize the day for those who didn't study latin) you'll find yerself in doodoo so deep you couldn't cast a 2 oz weight on 10# braid out of it if it were air. Purty good analogy for a fishing site huh?

And the best part is that unless yer a total dipstick as a father you won't even mind. We all discovered when our kids came along that we no longer were rulers of our own domain - the kids were, hands down, and we loved it.

But take comfort in the fact that before very long they'll be treating you like the hero of their world and dragging you out to fish with them, and asking you to teach them how to ride a bike, and one day, if you really do an exceptional job as a pop, he'll even ask you for advice on girls, but don't count on that one. I don't know anyone who ever made it to the top of that particular mountain. Settle for them occasionally treating you like yer a little bit cool, like when I told my youngest I knew the Wild Strawberries and was gonna introduce him to them. He was kinda like "Dad, how come you know them?" as if they had some kind of social disease if they were friends of mine. To this day he still acts like that was some kind of aberration on their part.

We fathers do what we can to be the centre of our kids' lives, and settle for whatever bone they throw us, cuz that's what Dads do. Enjoy the trip for the next 20 years. It takes at least that long before they realize that parents are people too.

I'm envious. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

JF

Congratulations. Now begins a wonderful, and often crazy new adventure :P . Enjoy and relish every minute. They grow up faster than you expect. Today he is a bundle of joy. Next thing you know he's graduating high school :( .

Congrats on the new one. And...congrats on the timing too.

Nobody else mentioned it but we must always remember the timing.

No weddings or birthdays anywhere near an opening day of anything.

I almost blew it with my second. He was born 2 weeks before opening of deer season.

And don't marry a woman with a birthday near any openers either.

I see so many guys getting married on the May long weekend. It really is sad.

Anyway...congrats again and have lots of fun with him. They grow up way too fast, and its over before you know it.

Congrats on the new one. And...congrats on the timing too.

Nobody else mentioned it but we must always remember the timing.

No weddings or birthdays anywhere near an opening day of anything.

I almost blew it with my second. He was born 2 weeks before opening of deer season.

And don't marry a woman with a birthday near any openers either.

I see so many guys getting married on the May long weekend. It really is sad.

Anyway...congrats again and have lots of fun with him. They grow up way too fast, and its over before you know it.

How could you possibly forget the most important opener of them all?? I guess you don't fish musky????

Congrats Dr!! It is, at the very least, a life changing experience. At least you can take him musky fishing for his birthday every year B)

Sinker

How could you possibly forget the most important opener of them all?? I guess you don't fish musky????

Congrats Dr!! It is, at the very least, a life changing experience. At least you can take him musky fishing for his birthday every year B)

Sinker

Ummmm...we don't have much in the way of Muskie up here, plus...its the 3rd Sarurday in June in his area.

You can plan for a season, but not in every place in the country...sheesh

Edited by Dara