Good deal on line

Cudz

I got 2 packs of Spiderwire EZ braid for $14.99 yesterday at Canadian Tire. That is less than half price. Only drawback is that they come in a 2 pack and they have to be the same pound test.

I tried it last year. It's not very round. It was ok on a baitcaster, but not so great on a spinning reel. Its not as immune to twist as other, rounder braids.

thanks, as I was going to get this for backup link for my spinning gear.

I just respooled one of my baitcasters with it. Replaced the fireline I had on it. I will let you know.

thanks. I'm still getting the hang of baitcasters so it was going to be for my spinning gear.

maybe I should get it and use it for my daughters spincast? it would last for years the amount she fishes...

i put that spiderwire ez braid on a spinning rod/reel of mine and after the first time out it frayed like crazy and i didnt trust it and took it off. i dont think i'd buy it again and just go with the ultracast when it goes on sale for $20 a spool at crappy.

I've avoided Spiderwire ever since spooling it onto one of my spinning reels. It wasn't a braided line (like Gorilla Braid) but more like one continuous greenish filament, so maybe the braid is different. But I found that on my reel the stuff I had would slip in underneath itself, bind a little, and make coming off the spool not smooth at all.

I've tried Gorilla braid and it doesn't have the binding problem, but I find that it must have extra water resistance because my trolls don't seem to go as deep.

The best choicce for me still seems to be plain old monofilament - i.e. Berkeley Trilene, Shakespeare Sigma.