Stanley Cup

Stoty

Sid's back....and I see what somebody meant about the i-desk...it's definitely rated G...A.Y. A 2 goal lead is certainly not enough insurance against the wings...but if Pitt's defence keeps it up...it might be all right.

Yeah that I-desk observation was my thread a while back.............goood thing the hockey made up for this intermission flop

And by the by, i could NOT be more thrilled for a stanley cup winner than i am right now. (unless it was my home team of course)

Am i a meanie because i enjoyed watching the red helmets hung low as the pens skated around their home rink with the cup held high? Yeah maybe..........but the guilt wore off quick when detroit booed the cup winners. Its expected, but it made hating the wings that much easier lol

The Media and Detroit fans thought they had the series once they were up 0-2 in the first two games. But many fans-myself included knew they could come through. The most important thing here is there lower line scoring that came to life and made this thing happen. Some teams want the cup and some teams deserve the cup, Pens deserved to win as they never gave up hope and fought through every period to stay alive. Detroit just plays good, didn't see to much inspiration from them but hey maybe i don't know what to look for.

All I know is that Crosby is the youngest captain to raise the Cup for his team and this is a amazing accomplishment, not to mention the maturing that this team still has to go through to become even better. Congratulations to the outstanding victory of winning the Stanley Cup! As for stats-Pittsburgh has not lost in a game 7 in the playoffs, but hey who says stats are always right.

Only been watching hockey for a couple of years now and that game has to be my most memorable.

:D

MTBF

Thank God I started drinking at 3pm. It softened the blow. :lol: :lol: Congrats to the young guns. I guess I'll go

fishing now and on my way home I'll stop in and pay my debt. <_< <_<

Go Leafs Go!!! :lol: :lol:

And no cracks about being a loser Please!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's one big party here now! Wow! We are the Champs!

I had the wonderful experience of watching the Cup win with 14 little boys between 6 and 10 years old. It was AWESOME! These kids will never forget how awesome it was. The excitement was ridiculous.

Five observations: 1. Fleury came up HUGE! I was worried about him. 2. Alot of empty seats in Detroit. 3. Classless fans. Booing the Cup winner? Detroit deserves the misery. 4. They are getting old. Pens got to more loose pucks tonite than in any other game. 5. PENS ARE YOUNG! Jump on the wagon!

Super Bowl and Stanley Cup in same year. And to be the world's best fisherman, we have the trifecta here in Pittsburgh. Yeeeeehaaaawww!

Lucky for the world that the Pirates suck, my ego would be worse than it is!

1 - Your right

2 - I was at the game and there wasn't an empty seat in the house. in between periods, the lines up and wait for bathrooms are so long... It looks empty till about 12 mins left in the period haha

3 - We weren't booing the cup winner.... We were booing The person handing the cup to the winner !!!! BETTMAN !

4 - What age is " old " ?

5 - Again, your right .

Overall.... VERY disappointed in the game, Couldn't believe it ! Still got to see a cup lifted I guess.... not the same feeling if Detroit would of hoisted it though.

Congrats Pens !

It's Game 7 and halfway through the period there was a noticeable number of empty seats. I don't care where the fans were, they should be watching that game.

How old? Old enough for Mike Babcock to tell the media the Wings were out of gas. Don't get me wrong, they're still a great team but old man time is creeping in.

Did I say WOOOOOOHOOOOOO?

I'm happy with that.

A rematch next year????....best outta 3 LOL!

Hardest Job was picking an MVP though...

I suppose Malkin was as deserving as anyone else, but truth be told I find that a weak pick.

But don't ask me who I would have picked over him?

he had a huge amount of points, but a dismal 2 way performance, and if it were not for being on the powerplay

you can minus16 points (7 goals 9 assists )...with a 36 over all points thats not that impressive, and niether is only having a +3 plus minus at the end of the playoffs?

Impressive show for TV, but as a coach, fan, and fly by night analyist...not desreving of the MVP.

But then again, who would be better?

I suppose stats wise...

Crosby would be the winner by a 7 point regulation time performance margin, and a +9 plus minus puts his effectivness 6 points over Malkan.

But then again if Bettman makes those calls then the media hype(he who scores most) will win every time....loved his shout out to Mario LOL!

But for last night in general...Talbot deserves a HUGE thank you from the fans, and his team mates.

He worked his butt off!

Sai la vie...

Pitty won fair an square, and deserve to enjoy the warmth of the spot light for a while.

Cheers,

After going through all the posts, I feel better. I'm not the biggest loser. Marion Hossa is. :lol: :lol:

What are the chances of him asking to be traded back to Pittsburgh? :lol: :lol:

Cheers All!

Oh Ya, the bite was on for carp, but I'm bored. Bass opener can't come soon enough.