Valentine's Day Surprise

ccmtcanada

I feel sorry for all those guys out there who have to endure a nice romantic dinner....a chick flick...flowers....chocolates etc....

We were out shopping the on the weekend and she says "So...what are we doing on Valentine's Day?". I have my stunned look...."Is that coming up soon? Ohh...and why is it that the GUY has to plan it?" She said "Cause the women plan everything else the rest of the year". So my mind started churning....you know....dinner, chick flick, flowers....LOL. Turns out her original question was all a set up.

Sooooo.....she had already planned our Valentine's day. Get this.....She booked us for a heated ice hut on Lake Scugog this Saturday evening. We can fish til around 11pm...or stay all night! Babysitting has already been arranged....all we have to do is drive up there! She was trying to surprise me with it, but I found a bag of stuff in the house....you know...the regular valentines day stuff....ice fishing rods, tip ups, swedish pimples etc....LOL.

So...I am a very lucky guy to have a wife who not only plans Valentine's day...but chooses a fishing adventure to boot!

Cliff

PS....this will be my first time ever ice fishing too....cool huh? Stay tuned for the report on Sunday...hopefully we can catch some eyes thru the ice.

Wow, better than the usual valentines eh, she must enjoy fishing more than you. You can still have the romantic diner in the hut to, get the outfitter to set some candles and chocolates, flowers in there for you and cook the fresh fish you catch and presto magic is in the air. :wub:

Wow, that's great you two. You'll have a wonderful time. Mind if we stop by? :lol:

Enjoy.

Joey

Sure...he said there are 2 holes in the hut and a few outside...you are more than welcome to the ones outside. Seriously though...if you do want to stop by, we think that would be cool! Let us know ok?

My wife asked today what we're doing for Valentines Day.

Instead of my usual smart bass comments, I said I'd stay home

and babysit the kids so she could go out with her boyfriend.

She wasn't impressed with my attempted humor.

My 5 year old daughter says, "But daaaaaaad, you're her boyfriend silly."

Sounds like you're getting the perfect gift CCMT.

Enjoy the day/night.

Enjoy your V-day gift......most likely you earned it by the many things that couples do for each other over the years of their relationship.

Only thing I would add to that would be some sort of surprise awaiting my bride when we arrive at the hut.........

Lemmeseeeee........

An aquavu maybe for the fishergirl in your life?

Or,

a real memorable romantic setting..........watch the amount of candles, you dont want to keep opening the door for oxygen.

I HOPE YOU GUYS HIT TONS OF FISH...........and that the operator will move you if your not on the bite. (Should ask the operator this beforehand)

I never rent a hut unless my wife is comming and Ive always brought my cell to stay in touch with the operator if theres no bite...............Then again, it is valentines night for you lucky folk so will it truly matter!!!!!!!!!