Pike Fishin' Again @ My Favorite Marina! :D

rbaquial

Hey OFC'ers...

So, my buddy and I decided to hit my favorite marina where I caught my very 1st and 2nd ever PIKE! :D

Let me 1st start off by letting you how my Thursday night went - My Sister-In-Law has been away on Vacation with her Boyfriend for a week to Punta Cana... They were scheduled to arrive @ Pearson approx. 1:57am. My buddy and I were bored sitting @ home watching fishing videos... we thought we'd go for a drive then eventually go to the airport. We headed around 1:30pm... checked the arrivals... DELAYED!! 2:45.....so, we decided to head back home (15min away) and we'd head back again in about 30min....we come back around 2:30....and guess?! DELAYED AGAIN?!?!?!?!?!.... This time it is delayed till 4:45am!! OMG!! And we're supposed to go fishing the next day... so, instead of driving back home and coming back again - we thought we'd just drive around and eventually pull over and take a nap. A couple hours of napping goes by ... I finally get a call that they've arrived.... OH MAN! FINALLY!! We drive to the airport and pick them up.... eventually leave for home around 6am.

Friday morning... I take my Fiance to work... so, essentially I'm left with only 2hrs of nap before I take her to work @ 8am!

After dropping her off @ work - we decide to go to where I caught my 1st pike! :D Sooooooooo excited!! We got to our destination around 9:35am... and started fishing right away! The water is SO CLEAR... probably a good 12ft of visibility for the fish!! You can see TONS of fish swimming around the marina... Carp, Bass and Pike! Couple hours into fishing..... I only managed to get 3-4 follows..... till finally I saw a pike chilling along a shoreline... I toss pass it.... twitch it.... get its attention... and WHAM!! FISH ON!! :D Hahaha.... I love pike fishing!! :D Here's the pic....

3rd_Pike_Ever.jpg

And yet again.... the lure of choice... Dave Mercer's "Mercer Magic"... Man!! THIS LURE IS THE BEST THING TO EVER HIT THE MARKET!! :D

MercersMagicXRAP.jpg

Anyway... that's my report for today! :D

Have a great weekend everyone! :D

HAPPY FISHING & TIGHTLINES! :D

nice fish man, where abouts were you fishing?

I bet it is a marina. JK

Looks like Bluffer's Park - hope that wasn't a secret. Sorry if it was but I don't think that the marina there is much of secret anyway.

No it was the third mast from the left at the top of the pic... everybody knows that sailboat. :D

Nice pike.

It was that combined with the marajuana plants that grow between the rocks there. Don't believe me, look closely at the photo. Only marina in Ontario that doubles as a municipal grow op.

That might be true or maybe I am high. lol.

Edited by Cudz

It was that combined with the marajuana plants that grow between the rocks there. Don't believe me, look closely at the photo. Only marina in Ontario that doubles as a municipal grow op.

LMAOOOOOOOOOOO!!! :D

i tried looking around for some of those mercer magic lures but i cant find them ANYWHERE!! anyone know where i can buy a few?

You gotta go to BASS PRO SHOPS... its exclusive to BPS only.

I saw them once @ the BPS in VAUGHAN MILLS - Bought the last 5 there.

Been there a couple times since - and haven't seen it restocked.

I MSG'd Dave Mercer himself asking if he knows anything about the production

on his Signature Series Rapala X-Rap.. I'll let you guys know what he says....

Edited by Addikted2Fishin'

Actually.... Come to think of it Worm-Dangler...

The closest replica that Rapala has that looks almost similar in colour to the MERCER'S MAGIC pattern; is the OLIVE GREEN coloured X-Rap....Try those....

rapala-x-rap-allcolors.jpg

MercersMagicXRAP.jpg

Edited by Addikted2Fishin'

good job. One word of advice...unhook the fish before posing for photo. Its safer for you so you don't get stung, and better for the fish because if it takes a long time to remove hooks, you could always skip the photo so that the fish will live

ya i got every x-rap in that pic and doubles and triples of some. i've caught some real nice smallies on the #8 in the slashbait and xshad and i got a nice 5lb walleye on the #10 slashbait. i called bps about a week ago and i asked them about it and they were clueless about them. i've searched ebay and other places also. its the only xrap im missing! i found the best colour in the group is just the plain old silver. i must have 7-8 of them and i've thrown some out cause they were just to mangled from catching sooo many pike in a day on them. also i've got some nice walleyes trolling with them to. i've really layed into the pike on that new purple albino and the new cooper head but word of advice, change the back treble hook cause that sureset hook will bend and snap on a 5lb+ fish. i normally just snip the big hook off cause its hard finding nice replacement feathered hooks. you should take a trip north west and really lay into the pike.

Edited by worm dangler

Marinas don't usually allow you to fish em... against their rules and it's private property... u weren't harassed by them?

The waters itself aren't private property - but if you're on the property itself... then yes, I would agree.

For those wondering about the Mercer's Magic, only a limited quantity were made as a promotion for his half hour show. They no longer make that colour.

Seriously?! :( Oh man!! oh well....Guess I'll stick with the OLIVE GREEN XRAPS...

Strawberries or Virginia Creeper - honest, dude.

Maryjoowanna is illegal. It can't be growing there.

JF