Sign in to follow this  
kennyman

Muskie Lure

Okay.since the Spring Fishing Show is coming up and I really have no "musky specific" lures, I think I should start my collection. If you had to pick only one, what would it be?

Edited by kennyman

Mepps Musky Killer, silver blades black bucktail.

Basically what rapala14 said...

I'd starve with only one

Actually the one TJ suggested looks pretty nice(I'd consider it),also might wanna try muskie magnets or a few OFNers make nice baits such as TeamEmptyPockets(Jeff) and muskieman (Mark),woodie baits

You can always use more commercial oriented baits,good stand byes like Bucktails(meps/vibrax),Believers,Stalkers,jakes,,if you stop at JB,yours eyes will be delighted and mind like mush

Inni minnie miny mo,grab a lure off the post ,you will have to see..........

wich one will catch you the most

:Gonefishing:

Edited by marc thorpe

Make that a third

Black Mepps musky killer with the silver Blade like to have a little red in with all the black

I'll also go with the oversized spinnerbait. Not many situations that a spinnerbait can't produce, IMO. Fish it high, low bulge it, slowroll it. You can bang it off rocks, snake it through heavy timber and weeds. The only time I won't be using one is trolling. Because I don't catch fish trolling :dunno: My opinion is a little biased, though. I had a pb year for numbers last season and all but one came on a spinnerbait.

MG makes a fine spinerbait. Only $12 at Lebaron. Problem is if you only have one of any colour, I guarantee you'll loose it. Always buy in two's.

Thanks for the replies guys. Keep'em coming. So far we have a few guys suggesting wooden lures (believers etc.),but the general consensus seems to be a big black buctail or big spinnerbait. I'll keep my eye open for the MG crusty (couldn't find online at LeBarons). Is JB's at the fishing show Marc? Although I've seen it mentioned here alot, I've never been to their store. What are muskie magnets by the way :blush: . Sorry. Also "fishandchips" is SSR a Rapala Suspending Shad Rap? This show should be a great place for me to make contacts. I think I'll try to make the muskie show in St. Catherines as well.......... if for nothing else than education. I'm new to all this and this upcoming year will really be my first full year fishing. Hoping to make it a great one.............. catch lots of fish, have alot of fun and learn,learn,learn.

Yup, JB's will have a booth at the Spring Show as well as the Odyssee in April, and usually is at the Sportsman Show too.

Best place around for buying musky tackle.

Kevin

http://www.muskiemagnet.com/

JB's might be at the show,I suggest contacting them

Thanks again. That is a cool looking bait. The description of the action is great. Makes alot of sense. It's one of those "why didn't I think of that" things. The endorsement coming from the members here is a sure sign that it's a winner. Now that said, what would be your first choice of colour/pattern for use on the Kawartha Lakes? P.S. I'll be looking for JB's at the show. Thanks again everyone.