What Contests or Tournaments

fishergirl72

Hey there Nautifish, well we both always wondered who was crazier, and you won that one!LOL :w00t: Not in a millon years would I jump out of a plane!LOL

Well did i or did i not say i was crazier?....lol...It was totally awesome would love to do it all over again.

& congrats on the contest....*grins* Remember what we exhanged through pm about shareing?.......LOL :D

Well did i or did i not say i was crazier?....lol...It was totally awesome would love to do it all over again.

& congrats on the contest....*grins* Remember what we exhanged through pm about shareing?.......LOL :D

Well you were right about that one!LOL and I told you that I will share with you! :w00t: LOL

About 20 years ago I won my first and only fishing tournament. It was on Buckhorn and we were in a combo bass/walleye tourney. The only reason we entered was cause we were staying there at the campground that was hosting it and the entry was 50 bucks for a team. Me and my grandfather went about 100 yrds from the take off site. Everyone else had boogied to up around Gannons Narrows.

My first cast with a small rapala went a bit close to shore. I pulled it off a stump and as soon as it touched the water...blammo.

We drifted a bit past the point by now and were into deeper water. I switched up to a jig and Uncle Josh pork rind and made a second cast. Tap-tap..walleye.

That was it..that was all I caught all day. Turns out that was all I needed with the nasty cold east winds around. A few guys had kicked themselves for throwing back 11 inch fish. Apparently the bite lasted all of ten minutes for everyone.

Well at least it worked out for you Rick. :thumbsup_anim: Maybe it is time to enter some more tournaments this year. :rolleyes:

well lets see

2nd place 1993 gagnons lake ontario salmon derby 12.5 lb rainbow trout

1st place 1994 gagnons lake ontario salmon derby 13lb coho salmon

1st place 1995 bay of quinte winstanley pro fishing tournament 9.3lb walleye

2nd place 1995 pigeon lake winstanley pro fishing tournament 11.3lb musky

1st place 1995 winstanley pro fishing tournament 21lb northern pike

1st place1999 winstanley pro fishing tournament trent river 28.6lb musky

1st place 1999 winstanley pro fishing tounament 12.0lb walleye

3rd place 2006 week 2 great salmon hunt derby [the toronto sun] shared win 33.58lb chinook salmon

11th place 2006 ottawa river pike/walleye tournament

well i am awefully proud of all my wins and places in those tounaments,and it came with alot of hard work,and time spent on the water,in some of those years i fished almost 5-6 days a week,and as you can see it paid of,as for winning anything else im never lucky,so i am very lucky to have been able to have all those wins,so it can happen and we have several tournaments to enter this year and hopefully i will have the same results, and i would like to say congrats to my fishergirl for winning a prize pack from the extreme angler contest with the huge chinook salmon that she caught while we were fishing in lake ontario she has done 1 tournament with me and i know with a little more fishing time under her belt there will be no stopping her from winning or placing in a tournament,and she wants to do even more fishing this year than last year so we cant wait till spring....cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

Edited by fishindevil