What Contests or Tournaments

fishergirl72

Since it is FREEZING out, I thought that I would start this thread so people can come here and rightfully brag on what they won or came close to winning. Maybe this will cheer us up a bit while we are bored stiff during this cold snap. :thumbsup_anim: Myself I have recently won a great prize pack from Extreme Fishergirl Contest, the fish that won me that is the same one that I have in my avatar and a couple of years ago I came in 2nd place for Miss Hot Rod "2004" for the Monster Truck Show in Toronto. And last summer I came in 75th in the CIBC Run for the Cure for Breast Cancer. There were hundreds of people running or walking to raise money for breast cancer, that alone I felt was a big accomplishment for me, I did it for a good cause. And I won Fishindevil's heart and to me that is the biggest prize I could get! :w00t: So tell us what great things you have won or are proud to come very close to winning :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by fishergirl72

i won a beer chugging contest in high school... :thumbsup_anim: does that count :dunno:

thats pretty much the only thing i can think of

in case ur wondering, the big prize was another beer

LOL but yes that does count..... :thumbsup_anim: how many beers did you chug down to win?from what you can remember :w00t:

Edited by fishergirl72

Well besides the recent inaugural OFC Poker challenge (thanks for the $65 pot fellas), five years ago I won a 54" Samsung HD-ready rear-projection big screen from a local establishment (that has since burnt to the ground). All I had to do was show up on the odd Wednesday and drink some beer, 6 months later they gave me a TV (I guess I ended up with a few ballots in the box).

I haven't added the HD reciever quite yet to get the full potential from the set, but I'm close.

About 20 years ago I won my first and only fishing tournament. It was on Buckhorn and we were in a combo bass/walleye tourney. The only reason we entered was cause we were staying there at the campground that was hosting it and the entry was 50 bucks for a team. Me and my grandfather went about 100 yrds from the take off site. Everyone else had boogied to up around Gannons Narrows.

My first cast with a small rapala went a bit close to shore. I pulled it off a stump and as soon as it touched the water...blammo.

We drifted a bit past the point by now and were into deeper water. I switched up to a jig and Uncle Josh pork rind and made a second cast. Tap-tap..walleye.

That was it..that was all I caught all day. Turns out that was all I needed with the nasty cold east winds around. A few guys had kicked themselves for throwing back 11 inch fish. Apparently the bite lasted all of ten minutes for everyone.

Yep :thumbsup_anim:

Well last spring i won a thousand bucks in the perch :D derby here in dover, Yesterday i won free tickets to the spring fishing show and a free subscription to esox fishing mag......This yr i do plan on fishing a couple more different tourneys though and it will be my 1st yr in doing so.

Back in Europe i won a conest and got to parachute out of a plane which was awesome would do it again in a heart beat.

Well I only win things that are directly related to OFC :thumbsup_anim:

Last year I won the Esox Angler magazine subscription, then I got the Secret Santa musky shirt (which I feel like I won ;) ), then I won the spot on the Dave Mercer Christmas show - The Ten Dave's of Christmas, and then I won the St. Croix musky rod in the LSMRP that Ron sponsored. Yes, 2006 was indeed a good year. And gosh darnit, thanks OFC :worthy:

Joey

Got a first place and big fish at a 2 day bass tourney in New York, a 4th at Ceasars Creek in Ohio finished in the top 25 pretty often, too bad they don`t pay down that far! LOL I have also done pretty bad. It was a game, always fun! Big tournaments or small you try to learn something everytime out.

Well last spring i won a thousand bucks in the perch :D derby here in dover, Yesterday i won free tickets to the spring fishing show and a free subscription to esox fishing mag......This yr i do plan on fishing a couple more different tourneys though and it will be my 1st yr in doing so.

Back in Europe i won a conest and got to parachute out of a plane which was awesome would do it again in a heart beat.

Hey there Nautifish, well we both always wondered who was crazier, and you won that one!LOL :w00t: Not in a millon years would I jump out of a plane!LOL

I like this thread for 2 reasons... 1) I am extremely bored and 2) Every likes to brag about themselves once in a while, and now I have permission.

I have listed the fishing tournaments I have won and attached links to pictures as well.

July 7, 2002 - Junior Bassmasters National Championships - Nanticoke River - Laurel, DE - I placed 23rd as an individual, and Team Ontario won!

August 24, 2003 - Junior Bassmasters Qualifier - Bass Lake - Orillia, ON - I won my first tournament by more than 3 pounds + BIG FISH.

Click here for photo

June 25, 2004 - Junior Bassmasters Northern Divisional Championships - Lake St. Clair - Mt. Clemens, MI - I won the tournament as an individual, and Team Ontario placed second

Click here for photo

September 5, 2004 - Club Tournament - Lake Muskoka - Gravenhurst, ON - Won a club tournament in my first year with the adult club.

Click here for photo

September 24, 2004 - Rogers Cup - Bass Lake - Orillia, ON - Won a corporate tournament hosted my Rogers.

Click here for photo

June 25, 2005 - Fun Tournament - Bass Lake - Orillia, ON - Won a fun tournament with a bunch of friends, 17 teams turned out, not bad for a fun one.

Click here for photo

July 3, 2005 - Club Tournament - Lake Couchiching - Orillia, ON - Won our second clubbie of the year.

Click here for photo

September 11, 2005- Club Tournament - Gloucester Pool - Port Severn, ON - Won our final clubbie of the year.

Click here for photo

June 3, 2006 - Club Pike Tournament - Lake Couchiching - Orillia, ON - Won our clubs pike tournament

Click here for photo

September 24, 2006 - Club Tournament - Lake Couchiching - Orillia, ON - Won our final clubbie of the year.

Click here for photo

I also have 14- 2nd and 3rd place finishes to add to that.

So I'm done my bragging now, time for yours, thanks for reading.

I won a trip to Cuba last year worth $3200.00 it was the first time the wife and and were away from the kids in 11 years.It was great we went in February 2006 .I bought a ticket for the Juvinile Diabetes Foundation and they picked my number.

Joey you should play the lottery you seem to be on a winning streak.

Mike

I like this thread for 2 reasons... 1) I am extremely bored and 2) Every likes to brag about themselves once in a while, and now I have permission.

I have listed the fishing tournaments I have won and attached links to pictures as well.

July 7, 2002 - Junior Bassmasters National Championships - Nanticoke River - Laurel, DE - I placed 23rd as an individual, and Team Ontario won!

August 24, 2003 - Junior Bassmasters Qualifier - Bass Lake - Orillia, ON - I won my first tournament by more than 3 pounds + BIG FISH.

Click here for photo

June 25, 2004 - Junior Bassmasters Northern Divisional Championships - Lake St. Clair - Mt. Clemens, MI - I won the tournament as an individual, and Team Ontario placed second

Click here for photo

September 5, 2004 - Club Tournament - Lake Muskoka - Gravenhurst, ON - Won a club tournament in my first year with the adult club.

Click here for photo

September 24, 2004 - Rogers Cup - Bass Lake - Orillia, ON - Won a corporate tournament hosted my Rogers.

Click here for photo

June 25, 2005 - Fun Tournament - Bass Lake - Orillia, ON - Won a fun tournament with a bunch of friends, 17 teams turned out, not bad for a fun one.

Click here for photo

July 3, 2005 - Club Tournament - Lake Couchiching - Orillia, ON - Won our second clubbie of the year.

Click here for photo

September 11, 2005- Club Tournament - Gloucester Pool - Port Severn, ON - Won our final clubbie of the year.

Click here for photo

June 3, 2006 - Club Pike Tournament - Lake Couchiching - Orillia, ON - Won our clubs pike tournament

Click here for photo

September 24, 2006 - Club Tournament - Lake Couchiching - Orillia, ON - Won our final clubbie of the year.

Click here for photo

I also have 14- 2nd and 3rd place finishes to add to that.

So I'm done my bragging now, time for yours, thanks for reading.

Wow, That is impressive Steve, Way to go! :thumbsup_anim:

I won a trip to Cuba last year worth $3200.00 it was the first time the wife and and were away from the kids in 11 years.It was great we went in February 2006 .I bought a ticket for the Juvinile Diabetes Foundation and they picked my number.

Joey you should play the lottery you seem to be on a winning streak.

Mike

Wow Mike, What I would do to win a trip to Cuba! :thumbsup_anim: and congrats on the ticket!

Congrats on the Fishergirl prize pack Julie!!!

I have lousy luck when it comes to winning things...I can buy 40 Tim Horton's Rollup the rim cups and not win (last year I actually counted lol)...Ccmt however can win 7 out of 10 so the only lucky win I can think of is that I have him!

bly

Edited by bly

Congrats on the Fishergirl prize pack Julie!!!

I have lousy luck when it comes to winning things...I can buy 40 Tim Horton's Rollup the rim cups and not win (last year I actually counted lol)...Ccmt however can win 7 out of 10 so the only lucky win I can think of is that I have him!

bly

Thanks Carole! I was shocked when I found out I won! When I get the prize pack I will post some pics of my prizes! I never win the roll up the rim to win either. LOL :blink: And Cliff won a great prize by having you as well! :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by fishergirl72