Not looking too good

limeyangler

Hi all,

I tried to make sure that my boat was ready to go for walleye opener tomorrow and not have a repeat of last year where my outboard was still in the shop for opening weekend. I did good too......

GOT MY NEW TERROVA MOUNTED 2 DAYS AGO

maylong1.jpg

DID A GOOD JOB WINTERIZING THE YAMMY LAST YEAR....PUT THE EARMUFFS ON THIS MORNING AND SHE FIRED UP AND PEEEED FINE AFTER 5 OR 6 PULLS

maylong2.jpg

So....all set for tomorrow......well....maybe not.....the weather has been evil here...snow/sleet/heavy rain and really heavy winds, we watched with horror as the last big pine on the lawned section of our waterfront got ripped down yesterday( we lost a bigger one right next to it the year before :( ) can you spot the difference?

NOVEMBER '08

maylong4.jpg

MAY 14th 2009

maylong5.jpg

AT LEAST I HAVE NOT GOT ROUND TO BUILDING A DOCK.....OR BOTH DOCK AND BOAT WOULD BE TOAST!

maylong6.jpg

maylong7.jpg

maylong8.jpg

Any way....silver linings aside....despite getting all the gear ready to rock and roll, and having been so psyched up for the open water this weekend after what seems like an eternity, mother nature looks set to get the final word tomorrow....here's the outlook for our opener....................

NOT LOOKING TO GOOD FOR A BOAT TRIP

maylong3.jpg

My buddy Lew and me were planning to just hit Wabigoon tomorrow, but if the wind doesn't stop us, a windchill of -14 is putting me off the idea. I called Lew this morning and he was also going off the idea....but he came round an hour later on his new toy with his cousin and his young son and we went for a test drive. The trip doubled up as an opportunity to check how the trail into Dore lake was for hauling our boats in in the near future. I also got to ride a 4 wheeler for the first time ever.....pretty cool....i knew i 'needed' one years ago...but after riding it its a definite....lol. Getting into the small lakes this year and late season ice fishing next year is gonna be great!

LEW'S NEW TOY

maylong9.jpg

maylong10.jpg

THE TRAIL IN WAS OK, BAD IN A FEW SPOTS , BUT DO-ABLE.....DORE LAKE LOOKED GREAT TODAY!

maylong12.jpg

maylong13.jpg

I"M SURE LEW WAS THINKING WHAT I WAS....SHOULD'VE BROUGHT A ROD AND CAST FOR JACKFISH!

maylong16.jpg

LEW'S COUSIN RICK AND HIS SON

maylong14.jpg

AND BAILEY THE DOG

maylong15.jpg

When we got back we decided to wait and see, but both thought we would probably end up going somewhere in the boat for opener....maybe a little lake called pritchard just up the road...but its looking pretty cold and nasty....hopefully i'll have an actual fishing report and an upgraded walleye or Jackfish for team #3 by tomorrow evening.

had the same motor love it what a battle beast i put a hydro fin on it and the difference was night and day in all manners something to think about

Yup...its an awesome motor...think mine is a late '80s model....put she really pushes my 16.5 . I've seen those hydro fins...they good then? what do they do?

I'm waitin till sunday down here Simon and hitting a wee back lake.....no way I'm fightin that wind and crap and snow and crap and rain and crap tommorrow....supposed to be sunnny down here on Sunday so I'll be lake bound. Cheers to ya if you brave the bigger waters tommorrow....just remember how warm I will be sitting on my couch watchin a race when your soaked and freezin!!!!LOL :D

Simon, too funny... we have the exact same boat... my 30 yammy is an 07 though. They are making them now rigged out with flat floors/casting deck in front and a split bench at the back for the tiller. They've got a couple in town and look really sweet. Anyhow.... good report man. Gotta love NW Ontario..... pretty classic walleye opener! You'll get some fish though, if you put your time in. I can't wait to jig some walleye again :) We'll definitely have to get out on LS this summer my friend.

oh ya and that really sucks about the tree...it seems weird that one tree among thoussands could make a difference but it does..some of my favorite camping spots are based solely on the caliber of trees and the embiance they provide...oh well not far to go for wood...and by the way its a Spruce..or possibly a Balsam :P:P Not be critical or anything... <_<

Good luck tommorrow.

Finally quit snowing and raining here now

My son and I are gonna have a bite to eat and head out to a set of rapids

20-25mph winds right now and cold water makes a walk to the rapids and fish from shore the

logical and sane thing to do

still only about plus 1 right now though

Rick