Directions to Oshawa

motv8tr

Hey all, I need to go to Oshawa on Thursday morning, King St E and I think Rosiland Rd. Can anyone give me the best way to go? I'm guessing the 400/401 but I get enought of that at work...lol. Would Hwy 12 take much longer? I do have a credit for the 407, will that get me close to where I need to go?

Thanks for your help

For those that don't know where I'm located, the closest town to me is Penetanguishene...where it never stops snowing <_<

Oh ya, how far is Beaverton from Oshawa? I expect to have to go there afterwards...thanks again...

Maureen

Edited by motv8tr

Here is a map from Penetanguishene to Oshawa to Beaverton back to Penetanguishene. It was done on the CAA TripTik. There is a more detailed one, 31 pages, that I can do for you, or if you give me all the addresses I can give you exact directions. IF you want. If not, heres the smaller two page general area directions.

David

Penetanguishene_to_oshawa_map.pdf

Hey Maureen

When we go up to Sudbury from Oshawa we take #12 up to Orillia, then through to Coldwater and then up the 400 to Sudbury. We used to do the 401/400 thing...but find the #12 route a nicer route and the Timmies in Orillia is a nice stop for a pee break and a coffee. And the bonus is that it is actually a little quicker.

As for Beaverton...give yourself an hour from Oshawa.

Have a good trip.

Edited by crappieperchhunter

hey maureen, if you have to go to beaverton afterwards, i would take hwy 12 both ways, you'll pass beaverton on the way so you'll know how to get back there later.

it's about 1h from beaverton to oshawa.

i don't know how much time you'd save on the way using the 400/401

Hey Mo, I would take the 400 south to the 407 (use up that credit!) east, exit at the 404 south, to 401 east and away you go. That being said, depending on the time of morning your leaving, you may want to consider 400 south, to 9 east, to 404 south, to 401 east.

Or, just start up the helicoptor and wave at everyone stopped below you!!!

HH

Hey Maureen,

For any trip I take, it's simply a matter of going to mapquest to find out the shortest, fastest and most direct route. All you need to do is input your starting and ending address.

Click on "Directions" at the top to begin.

Here is the link

www.mapquest.ca

Good Fishing,

Justin

Thanks guys, using Mapquest, or my favorite, Google maps takes forever on my computer dang dial-up...that's why I asked here. I have to be there for 9:30 so I guess I'll take the 400/407 combo there, and come back up 12 if I have to go to Beaverton afterwards. Can anyone tell me the exit on the 407 I would need to take to get to King st E or do I take it to the end? I don't know Oshawa very well, I think the place I'm going is near Ritson road.

Thanks for your help,

Maureen

I agree with you, take 400 to 407 East. Stay on the 407 to the very end - Brock Road. Keep going straight through, you will be on Highway 7.

Follow Highway 7, going East, to Lakeridge Road, take a right = South.

You will get to Taunton Road, take a Left. Follow Taunton To Simcoe, take a right. NOTE - If you take a left to go North on Simcoe, you are on your way to Beaverton.

Take a left on to Rossland from Simcoe. Follow Rossland to Ritson. From there you either go left or Right, depending on where you want to get on Ritson.

Go back to intersection of Taunton and Simcoe and head North on Simcoe - you will be heading towards Beaverton on Simcoe Street North. Follow this all the way to Hwy. 48, take a left. Follow 48 to Hwy 12 (not far). Take a right on 12 and follow towards Beaverton.

This may not be the most direct, but it's the easiest that I know of. It may take 15 minutes longer, but at least you are on major roads and snow shouldn't be an issue.

Good Luck