Goin to Quinte on Thurs ... need info

brifishrgy

I booked Thurs off work to hit the bay on Thurs ... never caught a walleye or fished the Bay through the ice ... thinking of either Trenton or Deseronto ... need to know where I can access the lake and get minnows (I'll get them in Belleville if I go to Desoronto) .. herd that the currents and tugs can leave the ice unsafe around Belleville ... Thanks for the info

Hey Bri..guy,

Just like Smokey said.......speak w/Ron or Sam to get up todate news.

I will be speaking wqith both this evening and if they dont post about it...Desoronto or elswhere I will post on Gerritts thread for the g2g Sat. whats up right now and where they are being productive.

Brifishrgy,

Since its your first trip down i'll give you a few tips and locations.

A few locations that have ample parking and access include;

The bottom of Wallbridge-Loyalist Rd. south off 401 before Belleville.

Walkway way out to green bouy about 18 ft. of water.

Massassauga Pt. Conservation area south across Bay Bridge then east, follow signs.

Also has good parking. Try about 20 ft. or deeper of water and watch the ice here because of currents.

Further away could try Long Reach. south off 401 Marysvillle rd(49), across bridge take left on

Rd. 35, go down to Quick short run rd. Try 20-25 ft. of water.

Swedish pimples, Mr. champs tipped with emerald shiners produce best.

Hit the bottom, pick up slack, then continue lifting spoon off the bottom, let it fall, repeat.

Tightlines in Pickering , Brock Rd. just south off 401 eastbound has good emerald shiners on way down.

Or try what others said about Belleville bait shops.

Hope this hleps and good luck,

ehg

Edited by ehg

For the latest info on were the bite is stop at Skeys or Carra's.The hot spot seems to move on a daily basis.If I tell you to go were I caught fish last weekend I would be missguiding you as no place seems to be good day after day.Ron and Sam have guys reporting to them every day so you get better info from them. Champs ,pimples,cleos,sidewinders are the most commonly used lures and green seems to be the favorite colour.Tip any of them with a minnow and jig just off bottom in 12-22 feet of water and your doing what everybody else does to catch them BoQ walleye.But sometimes different is better so don't be afraid to try something else if that stuff is not producing.Good luck and be safe.