What size and color spoons for Erie Rainbow and Eyes

Handlebarz

I am picking up some spoons in the next couple weeks for fishing Erie from the West end this summer and was wondering what colors and size you all like for fishing the bows and eyes?

Also is there a big difference from Stinger to moonshine or sliver streak or others?

thanks for the help Mike

Hey Mike, I've done quite well on Greasy Chicken Wing, Monkey Puke, Watermelon.

Silver Green/Silver Blue are all quite productive.

As for size, I get the 28 or magnum size(Those are northern king, but will give you an idea of the size)

You can never have too many of each kind either, some days they will only bite one colour type!

Most of my spoons are Northern King, I have some stingers as well, they all work, just have to be doing the right thing in the right place at the right time!

Mike all the colours mentioned so far produced for me. As far as size is concerned get a few of each, some days you can't buy a hit on a large spoon other days that's the only thing that will work. Also pick your self up a couple ripplin red fins they were really hot last year.

For eye's I always did well with perch or chartreuse Ripplin' Redfins sporting a night crawler.

For bows silver/blue, silver/green, silver/purple, firetiger, strawberry shortcake, monkey puke, watermellon and clown are all good colours.

I have also had good success with Rapala J11's and J13's in blue/silver and gold/orange.