Carpal Tunnel!

PatrickGG

OMG! I finally got the surgery done now i am looking forward to the healing process, as of right now the base of my palm feels like a concrete block was dropped on it but the T3's are helping me cope with the pain, the outcome was 5 minutes in surgery "awake" a 1 and a half inch gash with 3 stitches on the lower palm 2 nights of sleep down the drain and overall i cant wait till spring comes :Gonefishing: .

Edited by PatrickGG

Casting or reeling hand? It is a painful thing so they say. In the old days they used to call it the knitter's syndrome.

Casting hand "Right hand", I had this problem for almost 5 years and it never got better but only worse i just hope the surgery works even if it reduces the symptoms to half i would be happy.

Please, anyone else who is thinking about surgery for RSI, or who has had surgery for RSI that they aren't fully happy with, PLEASE LET ME KNOW! Geeeze. I've had non surgical treatment that has a 90% success rate for carpal tunnel.

I was going to have the surgery as well but after talking to other people that had it I decided it wasn't worth it. Why have the surgery if it's just going to come back? I have a new job now that has better ergonomic work stations & it has helped a lot.

I wish you much success with your C.T surgery. Remember that you should not return to doing whatever caused this problem, it will return. Figure out the cause of the problem and then rectify it.

Bi-lateral here also, once on one hand, 4 times the other. In the old days, (early 1980's) this surgery required a hospital stay and you were knocked out completely. Now just like you said, they freeze it and slash away! :w00t::blink:

It will hurt for quite sometime, not as bad as right now but every once in a while OUCH!