17 foot smokercraft

GEO

:D Hello I just found a 1993 17and a half smokercraft with a 90 yamaha motor .It is in mint condition and has everything on it.Was wondering how you pay taxes on it.got gps fishfinder cb radio and no scratches . Is the Yamaha a good motor he is the original owner and the inside is mint .Has 2 tops a traveling one and a sunshade one.He is firm with his price .$9000.00. think this is good very low hours on it .The trailer looks like brand new .never kept outside. has 4 pedastal seats in mint condition.I get evrything you need for the boat.

Thank you

I'll answer the tax question.

You gotta pay PST on the trailer when you change the ownership. Trailers really aren't worth much.

I think you gotta pay tax to change the ownership on the boat. Boats aren't worth much "as is" either.

You don't have to register that expensive motor. You already had a motor for that boat didn't you?

I think I have this right.

Basically, you don't have to pay tax on the whole works if you have seperate reciepts.

That package would be 22 to 24k plus taxes new.

people are thinking they don't want to give stuff away just cause its used a bit.

Its a tad high, but that stuff isn't all that easy to find

That is a great price. bought a smokercraft last year and its amazing. Not as flashly as a Lund or Legend..........But solidly built and handles rough water with ease. If the boat is in that great of shape then you got a steal.

Enjoy

Boats tend to hold there value pretty good. I Reckon any price that you are happy with is a good price. Enjoy the boat mate, i hope you catch many many fish with it. Best of luck.

When I was doing my research last year (or was it the year before) on new vs. used boats, I found that boats lost about $800.00 per year. Now this is stricktly anecdotal, but give it a try. Find out what your smokercraft is worth now (easily done thanks to the net) then do the math to see if it jives.

Jim

who cares! if it is what you want, suits you're needs and YOU feel it is a fair price.. then I would say you got a deal!

G

I'm with you. I'd be interested in hearing opinions on the high and low values suggested here. Then look at the spread, consider the condition of the rig and then decide if it's worth the few dollars difference to keep looking for a better buy. I doubt most will even remember if they overpaid a bit in a few years. Even what seems to be a great buy now might turn into a real stinker with a few breakdowns etc. If it's in extra good condition then the likelihood of the motor etc standing up longer (and cheaper) is reasonably good.

IOW if this would be a great deal at $7,500 and a tad expensive on average at $9k, go for it if it's what you want. You've probably frittered away $1,500 on dumber things in the past. Reminds me of a mint '57 Chevy 2 door I passed on (late 60's) cuz the old lady who owned it wouldn't take a cent less than $750 for it. :wallbash:

JF

IOW if this would be a great deal at $7,500 and a tad expensive on average at $9k, go for it if it's what you want. You've probably frittered away $1,500 on dumber things in the past. Reminds me of a mint '57 Chevy 2 door I passed on (late 60's) cuz the old lady who owned it wouldn't take a cent less than $750 for it

been there done that the guy said he would take $8000 .This rig is loaded and mint

original owner .Dont need anything .going to let him know tuesday .The boat says fazer on the side .I think that this is the Boat for us.It says Fazer on the side is that a certain model or what.Sure we will get many years of good fishing out of it.

I'm with you. I'd be interested in hearing opinions on the high and low values suggested here. Then look at the spread, consider the condition of the rig and then decide if it's worth the few dollars difference to keep looking for a better buy.

I think that you also need to keep in mind that there are people that wouldn't pay five bucks for a kidney to save their lives ("Vell, I tink I can yust make vone or sho).

I looked and looked for a suitable package and there wasn't one to be had. If this one suits your eye (and the one owner thing is priceless) then go for it. Do yourself a favour though, when it is all said and done, forget about what you paid and get on with enjoying it. There will always be someone who got the same thing for half the price and by default, there will be someone that paid twice what you did.

Buy it and enjoy it!!!

Jim

If you've got the dough... it's the boat you want (and obviously are taking your time to decide and not a drive by gotta have).. grab it and enjoy your summer ! You're spending your hard earned money after all.. nobody elses!

I think that you also need to keep in mind that there are people that wouldn't pay five bucks for a kidney to save their lives ("Vell, I tink I can yust make vone or sho).

I looked and looked for a suitable package and there wasn't one to be had. If this one suits your eye (and the one owner thing is priceless) then go for it. Do yourself a favour though, when it is all said and done, forget about what you paid and get on with enjoying it. There will always be someone who got the same thing for half the price and by default, there will be someone that paid twice what you did.

Buy it and enjoy it!!!

Jim

Exackly!

JF

We bought the same model as you,only ours is a '98 and it has a Merc 115 on it.Now if you take buddies opinion that it looses $800 a year and all the goodies we got on ours(it's loaded,everything but a kicker,but we even got the kicker plate),it makes me feel better that we paid more...And like Irishfield said 'if it suits your needs'.....Go have fun.....Hope you like it as much as we love ours.....TC and tight lines....Chuck....

Thats correct, I sold my boat for $8.000 and wish that I did not as the deal on boat that I was purchasing fell through.

Oh well, have to keep looking to find my new ride.

Bill

I think that's a little high for that package, someone from the board sold a 17 ft crestliner (1993) with a 2001 (I think) 90 hp 4 stroke for around $8500.