swine flu outbreak

oxcowboy

Personally I wouldn't go either. This would be another reason that came in an hour ago.

Mexico City - A powerful earthquake has rocked tall buildings in Mexico City, sending office workers down stairways into the streets.

CNN reported that buildings rattled for "30 or 45 seconds.''

No other details were immediately available.

As if they didn't have enough to worry about.

Cases of infected people are only just starting to be confirmed worldwide. Give it a small amount of time for the incubators to fire up and we'll know the full scope of this in a few weeks. Could be really gruesome, or it could blow over. I'd wait to make any decisions for a few weeks.

I'd take Grenada.. or St. Lucia.. or Nevis.. or Antigua or Martinque .... over Mexico any day of the week. Trade it in..

Jamaica.. not on YOUR life. Wasn't overly save in '89.. less so today. It is the MOST beautiful Island I've ever been on though..

After pooping oatmeal and suffering a screaming rectum for a week a few years ago in Peurto Plata, I think it's best to always just stay away from these "crappier" vacation locales where Montyzumy still haunts the darker orifice and deep caverns of the human body.

Try Costa Rica... worst thing that might happen is this... not too common though... not "Pandemic" anyways...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hwd5YioRpG8

Weren't there already enough reasons to go to Mexico before the swince flu pandemic?

They have major drug wars going, hotels confiscate guests passports and hold them hostage, cooks have been jailed because their employers were involved in fraud, I could go on.

A friend of mine has a family member in the Ajax/Pickering Hospital. When they arrived to emergency, they were greeted with a mask wearing security guard saying no one but emergency patients were allowed in. The patients inside cant leave either...looks like quarantine lockdown to me. The people waiting to be treated were sitting outside. They wont say why....but it makes you wonder....

Edited by ccmt

By June they will have this figured out.The scariest part will be the plane ride down and back with the unwashed masses.Would prolly be the same for any plane ride by June.Rent a cabin in the near nort' for that week bud and drive there.

Joe

well for us southerners cuba isnt an option yet at least. thinking maybe virgin islands or dominican republic. its a shame, we have been to cancun twice and just loved it both times, never any crime or trouble in the hotel zone. the only revenge was from too many coronas and bannana colodas.lol

jason

Edited by oxcowboy

well for us southerners cuba isnt an option yet at least. thinking maybe virgin islands or dominican republic. its a shame, we have been to cancun twice and just loved it both times, never any crime or trouble in the hotel zone. the only revenge was from too many coronas and bannana colodas.lol

jason

I was in st lucia a month ago and it was the most impressive place i've been to -- tropical, but unlike other caribbean places very mountainous and lush with rainforest. People were very sweet as well.

I just seen the News

All I got to say is

RUN FOR YOUR LIVES--------BACK IN YOUR CAVES -----------WEre Going to DIE

Talk about the Media, giving us the doom and gloom. Oh yea, this should bring stocks down and fuel prices up. LOL

Edited by holdfast

The next ime you're on an airplane (or jet)... look at the cleanliness of the vehicle!!!... If your experience is the same as mine, it'll be "not really"!

I remember the first time I got on a commercial airliner back in the mid 80's... after looking around, I said "what the heck" is this... this doesn't look like the commercials!!!! The exterior of the plane was dirty, the interior wasn't much cleaner either!!!

Just think before you board a plane nowadays... "where has this plane been?"... and where have these people been that are "onboard"... then... when you're in the crowded airport terminal "BF1"... think, where have all these people been???

the airplanes are nasty!!!... the airports are nasty!!!... and the people onboard your flight are even nastier!!!!!!!

... when does the season open in Wisconsin???

The next ime you're on an airplane (or jet)... look at the cleanliness of the vehicle!!!... If your experience is the same as mine, it'll be "not really"!

I remember the first time I got on a commercial airliner back in the mid 80's... after looking around, I said "what the heck" is this... this doesn't look like the commercials!!!! The exterior of the plane was dirty, the interior wasn't much cleaner either!!!

Just think before you board a plane nowadays... "where has this plane been?"... and where have these people been that are "onboard"... then... when you're in the crowded airport terminal "BF1"... think, where have all these people been???

the airplanes are nasty!!!... the airports are nasty!!!... and the people onboard your flight are even nastier!!!!!!!

... when does the season open in Wisconsin???

I agree GCD, i went to chicago last spring and it was the first time I'd been on a plane since i was twelve (yes ive only flown twice in my life....so wut lol) But i said the same thing to myself. I was like, man this is nothing like i see in the movies. Wheres all the leg room and nice ladies asking if i want anything. But most of all, i couldnt believe the ratty condition of the big white cylinder i was stepping into. They look ALOT shinier and well maintained way up in the air dont they.

For gods sake stay home, not worth infecting the ones you love and hey you can go somewhere in Canada and support our economy. I hear theirs good fishing in Canada :P I'm heading up north this weekend tenting out along my favorite river catching brook trout, enjoying my 0 degree nights at the camp fire :lol:

someone here mentioned we need a travel bann....................

EXACTLY....but that should mean no travell of anybody in or out of Mexico!

They didn't even do that for SARS. If we had of stopped flights inbound from China it would of drastically dropped the sars cases

but this great county doesn't want to offend anyone........I was a paramedic in Toronto during the SARS out break and was quarantined twice for 10 days each...

Would you go to someone's house where there was a mumps outbreak?...NO! Would they come over to your house with mumps?....NO!

GET some nuts Canada and tell the W.H.O to grow some too!!!!

GET some nuts Canada and tell the W.H.O to grow some too!!!!

AGREED !!!!!

Stop it now. They are saying six monthes before a vaccine could be ready. Now they are saying they might not bother but to let it run it's course.

So be pro active and stop the spread.

I'd imagine you'd be pretty p'd if they invoked a travel ban and your family was THERE !

If anyone is thinking of going, consider....

- even if the mortality rate is only 1%, do you want to risk someone in your family catching it?

- do you really want to visit a mexican hospital if you do get sick? (or break a leg or something that requires you to go to the hospital)

- if you do get sick, i doubt they let you leave mexico

- as irishfield said, what if you are there and a travel ban is implemented....you're stuck there.

- there's way better fishing in other parts of the caribbean. Its also a great time for pike and walleye in Ontario :-)

A friend of mine has a family member in the Ajax/Pickering Hospital. When they arrived to emergency, they were greeted with a mask wearing security guard saying no one but emergency patients were allowed in. The patients inside cant leave either...looks like quarantine lockdown to me. The people waiting to be treated were sitting outside. They wont say why....but it makes you wonder....

No need to wonder. 3 patients in Durham Region and 1 in York.

Toronto - Ontario's chief medical officer of health said Tuesday four people in Ontario have mild cases of swine flu, the first cases for the province.

The province's Medical Officer of Health Dr. David Williams said three patients in Durham Region and one in York Region are suffering from the virus.

Williams said all four cases in Ontario are considered mild and the individuals are recovering at their homes.

He added that testing confirmed that the virus is the same as the one in Mexico and the United States.

The Ontario cases, which all involve people who travelled to Mexico, put the nationwide total at 13.

There have been two cases of the swine flu in Alberta and four in Nova Scotia, all of them mild cases that didn't require hospitalization, and British Columbia has three cases.

Earlier in the day, Toronto city officials said there were no confirmed cases of swine flu in Toronto, but that they had a plan in place for any outbreak.

Toronto's Medical Officer of Health Dr. David McKeon said hospitals, doctor's offices and EMS staff were watching closely for any cases of respiratory disease that could be Toronto's first cases.

"This type of surveillance and reporting of influenza-like illness and cases with a travel history has been in place in Toronto since the 2003 SARS outbreak. So, these procedures are not new to us, and they're not new to our hospital and healthcare provider partners," McKeon said.

The city confirmed it has an ample stockpile of antiviral drugs, which would be reserved to treat anyone who becomes ill and the frontline medical staff who have to treat them, because they are the highest risk of contracting the disease.

There have been 152 deaths in Mexico, with most of them suspected cases of swine flu.

Source - 680 news

Edited by fishnsled