Birch Lake near Webbwood

Wendel

Our gang of salty sea dogs and aging pirates have booked a cabin at black bear camp, at this lake.

Fishing looks good, but it always does.

Anyone have any personal experience there?

Supposedly has bass, pike walleye, Lake Trout, brook trout and perch... How could we say no? lol

Wait til the crew finds out there are no washrooms in the cabin itself :P

I stared out at Black Bear camp from a friends cottage just south-west about 1km. The boat's only motor where I was staying was out of commission, so fishing was limited. Caught some pike and smallies from my kayak, nothing huge but one pike around 36". I found/followed a stream while bushwhacking and was pleasantly surprised to find a bunch specks hanging out at the log-jam where it enters the lake. The neighbour went out most nights from 7-9pm and sometimes brought back some eater size walleye.... never offered to me. :glare:

Apparently there is a good whitefish pop there too.

It is definitely a place I'd like to go back and spend time at.

Good luck and let us know how you make out!

At the start of the season you might want to try the south end of the lake near the bkuff bank for Lake trout . also try near the neighboring island.

On the west side is a very long arm of the lake where the pike spawn. go right back into the very shallow end for pike.

Didnt have much luck for eyes but then it was being rehabed for eyes then.

The back lakes and streams hold some nice specks if you have an ATV and a canoe.

The river north of the lake has specks in it and a very nice giant rapids,

Although it's less than an hour from here, I've never actually fished it. You can rest assured that there are fish there anyway. There's good fishing all over this part of the country. Birch Creek that flows from the lake down to the Spanish River has trout and it also gets steelhead and salmon runs. Speckies in the creeks all over the place and I've even heard of the odd brown in that area but it seems not many target them. There will be some construction on Birch Lake Road this summer, a good friend of mine has the contract to rebuild the road.

• 3 months later...
  • 8 years later...

Wow - its been almost 10 years since I have been on this website and i still remembered my password . Still fishing after those years mainly in Bruce Pennisula area. And my Bill1kid is now Bill3kids - time flies

Not sure about etiquette (edicate?) and resurrecting old threads on this site, but thinking of heading to Birch Lake (near Webbwood) and this post came up in a search and led me to try logging in...

Anyone know if there any Crown Land suitable for camping on Birch Lake? According to Ministry site there is some crown land at the north part of the lake - just not sure if its suitable for pulling boat up on shore and setting up a tent for 2 or 3 days. 

And does this lake get a fair bit of fishing pressure in summer? Are there many cottages on the lake?

Appreciate if anyone has any info -

Cheers