The North invades the South

aplumma

Dang can't you all keep your weather under control. We are getting a blast from the North that is dropping us down to the single digits and we are talking Fareinheit. I expect I will be workin my butt off this week with frozen pipes if you all don't stop this weather soon. So to pay you back..... the week of lak air The Southern Contingency will be bringin some really HOT weather with us.

Art

Hey Art, want this weather???

Thunder Bay: Issued 4.00 PM EST Sunday 4 February 2007

Wind chill warning in effect.

Tonight

Clear. Wind becoming northwest 20 km/h early this evening. Low minus 31. Wind chill minus 43.

Monday

Sunny. Wind northwest 30 km/h. High minus 19. Wind chill minus 44.

Monday night

Clear. Wind northwest 30 km/h becoming light in the evening. Low minus 28. Wind chill minus 39.

Tuesday

Sunny. High minus 9.

Wednesday

Sunny. Low minus 21. High minus 11.

Thursday

Sunny. Low minus 21. High minus 11.

Note: -40C and -40F, are basically the same temperature, cold, lol.

Dat would be anything less than 60F Roy, :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sometime more than that! 60*F will freeze yer nadz off if you're used to a 100+*F heat index!... Oh how I wish I could bring some nice 'Bama August weather up to Lakair with me, the best description I've heard was "like trying to breathe with your head in a bucket of mud"... and I triple dog dare any Canadians to come down during the month of August and just follow me around at work and on the lake, you would die! Just like I would if outside up there like I do down here.

BTW... I am getting pretty tired of these lows in the low to mid 20's every night and highs only in the mid 40's-50's. Y'all knock it off and gimme my nice warm blanky back!!! ;)

and I triple dog dare any Canadians to come down during the month of August and just follow me around at work and on the lake, you would die! Just like I would if outside up there like I do down here.

Been there done that. Eufaula AL, August Don't know what the temp was, AC in the truck was not working couldn't sleep more than about 15 mins straight that night, the next day at my pick-up they had a power outage over the weekend and the electric forklift didn't charge fully and died with a a half loaded semi- trailer. The solution, was to hand bomb about 22,000lbs of veneer onto my trailer. At least we were out of the sun. :devil: Hotter than hell!

jjcanoe

and I triple dog dare any Canadians to come down during the month of August and just follow me around at work and on the lake, you would die! Just like I would if outside up there like I do down here.

Anytime Glen, anytime...I love the heat...sure beats these minus 20's to minus 30's here to go with the foot of snow I've had in the last 24hrs.

And Art, do your worste buddy, do your worste...just think how much business we're drumming up for you with the cold blast :D , you should be thanking us and bringing us gifts in june :thumbsup_anim:

Maureen

Edited by motv8tr

I prefer this to the stuff that GCD and jjcanoe were talking about. I can put on stuff to stay warm, but that oppressive heat and humidity is just miserable, no escape. In lovely suburban Etobicoke right now, it's a brisk -15C / -5F tonight. Goretex, fleece, toques, gloves, mittens, balaclavas, fur and even the zipper were invented right here in the Great White North. Get out there and get some fresh air, for Heaven's sake.

Breathing with your head in a bucket of mud---that's funny right there.

Goretex, fleece, toques, gloves, mittens, balaclavas, fur and even the zipper were invented right here in the Great White North. Get out there and get some fresh air, for Heaven's sake.

Breathing with your head in a bucket of mud---that's funny right there.

Balaclava... that's that greasy layered pastry from the Middle East... right?

Yea I guess threatening y'all with heat when its sub zero ain't much of a threat is it.....kind of like bringin a knife to a gun fight. Hows about I make it warm enough for Glen to fish nekkid? Of all the plumbin jobs frozen pipes are the worst. You already know that you will get wet and the area you are workin is below freezing so were is the joy it's just hard money. The good side is people are really grateful when they have water again.

Art

LOL! Thanks everyone for the morning laugh! This thread exhibits why this site if the BEST fishing forum sites on the net!

Good thing I don't drink coffee, it may have been spilt while reading this thread. Oh wait, that would have to be iced coffee with this weather!

HF