sportspal canoes

frozen-fire

Looking for more advice again. :D

I'm pretty set on getting a sportspal for their stability and weight.

I can't seem to find any used ones on any online classifieds, so I think I have to buy new if possible.

If anyone can provide any leads or know where they sell them, it'd be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Looking for more advice again. :D

I'm pretty set on getting a sportspal for their stability and weight.

I can't seem to find any used ones on any online classifieds, so I think I have to buy new if possible.

If anyone can provide any leads or know where they sell them, it'd be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

The factory is in North Bay. They're not supposed to sell to the public there and if you call beforehand and ask that's what they'll say.

However if you show up with cash in hand they've always got a bunch of scratch and dents sitting in the back.

I bought my 16' squareback there and my uncle bought his 14'er there as well.

You'll save 2-3 hundred off retail...

Website and location: http://www.bwmarineproducts.com/

The factory is in North Bay. They're not supposed to sell to the public there and if you call beforehand and ask that's what they'll say.

However if you show up with cash in hand they've always got a bunch of scratch and dents sitting in the back.

I bought my 16' squareback there and my uncle bought his 14'er there as well.

You'll save 2-3 hundred off retail...

Website and location: http://www.bwmarineproducts.com/

Yeah, i've been on their site for a while now...

North Bay is quite far...but I guess if i save 2-3 bills, it's worth it?

Yeah, i've been on their site for a while now...

North Bay is quite far...but I guess if i save 2-3 bills, it's worth it?

Up to you bud. Personally I wouldn't make the run unless it coincided with a fishing trip.

On the other hand very few retailers in southern Ont carry these boats in stock unless you're lucky and they happen to have the exact one you want.

Most of the time there's a bit of a wait, so chances are if you want it now you're driving to North Bay anyway..

I'm not sure if they carry the brand you're looking for, but at work we refer a lot of people to these guys:

Langford Canoe & Kayak - they're at Yonge and 16th, in Richmond Hill. It's the southeast corner.

Hope this helps.

Thank you waterwolf for the tip..

gave them a call. they are able to order in the model i want (14' square stern), but it'll cost about $1100 not including tax...

you were right they have ONE left on sale. it's a 14' transom. it is on sale for $1100 tax included.

I'll sell you my 14' transom model complete with re-enforced padded swivel seats, bolted in ribs and drink holders for $500.

caesarea.jpg

It's got some miles on it, but doesn't leak. Just add a trolling motor and battery and you're good to go. I've switched to kayak fishing and since I've been laid off since November cash is a little tight. PM me if you're interested.

I'll sell you my 14' transom model complete with re-enforced padded swivel seats, bolted in ribs and drink holders for $500.

It's got some miles on it, but doesn't leak. Just add a trolling motor and battery and you're good to go. I've switched to kayak fishing and since I've been laid off since November cash is a little tight. PM me if you're interested.

PM SENT!

I can't believe I can have jedi's famous sportspal!

With all due to respect to Jediangler (been reading and enjoying your reports for years, since way back on Outdoors Ontario ) I think if you are in position to be patient you can score a Sportspal for pretty cheap. I got mine for 50 bucks 2 years ago and granted its got no foam sponsoons on the sides and looks like crap it still works. About two weeks after I bought mine I saw one local on Kijiji in great shape for 200.

Edited by Weeds

I had a sportspal canoe a couple of years back. Was a great canoe until it got blown right off the roof of the car by a semi on an extremely windy day! Tore the roof racks right off the roof with it and the front end ended up going under the front tire of the car. Looked like a squashed can by the time it was done. lol

They are a great and stable boat but the square back ones are a real tough canoe to paddle if you are running solo. If you get the little clamp on oar pins from Canadian tire, it does make it a whole lot easier for solo runs. I'd definitely get another one but wouldn't pay the price for a new one.

There is a marine/atv dealership in New Hamburg On. that sells them brand new. I'm sorry but cannot remember their name but they are just a little north of the Tim Hortons/Hwy 7/8 that runs into Kitchener.

PB

Check out http://www.paddleshack.ca/toronto/ They sell New and Used, not sure if they car what you want, but its possible, plus they have huge sale on May 8th-10th I drive by the one in Oakville all the time, they always have a good selection. They have another location up on the 400 in Richmond Hill Area.