interesting day ice fishing

Tom McCutcheon

packed up the quad and Trap ice hut and headed to Keswick to meet my brother for a day of perching. About ten minutes to Keswick and I get stopped for speeding, the officer was considerate and reduced the ticket to 70 in a 60 therefore no points loss, only $40.00 lighter in the wallet. I thanked him sincerely for doing his job and I was on my way again. Met Mike at Harrys Bait and unloaded the equipment and got ready to head out. Mike went in and paid for parking and two scoops of minnows $12.00. He comes out and looks at me and I said I left our two helmuts hanging on their hooks in my garage!!!!!! He says mayby Harry has a couple of extras he could rent us for the day. Good idea but no go. Tried Crappy Tire but the cheapest they had were $100.00. Decided to call it a day and cut my losses at 9 AM. rather than take a chance and head out with out the proper gear, so we went for a drive to Roaches Point and talked to a couple of guys just heading out, gave them our minnows and headed home. Mike was going to stop at Bass Pro on his way home so it was'nt a wasted day for him.

I probably should have turned around at 7:30 when I got the ticket. Oh well the perch will be there the next time.

Just a little rant and a kick in my ass to make a check list before heading out the next time.

Sorry things didn't work out so well for you today, guess you weren't meant to go fishing :( As for not trying to head out without the helmets...good call...you may have been safe, but the ticket would have cost you more than two new helmets if I'm not mistaken...right Cliff and Beans ;)

Maureen

Sorry to hear about your rough outing. I leave my helmet right on the foot rests of the bike so when I'm loading it they go right in truck at the same time. Personally I would have walked out towing the hut after going thru all that and got fishing.

Better Luck next outing.

Tough day for you.

A list would help for sure.

Bummer about the ticket.

I got speeding ticket years ago because I was exited about going fishing

and was trying to get to the lake 5 minutes sooner. It happens.

Now I'll take the extra 5 minutes and more.

You'll get into fish. Just make sure "all" the gear is packed and ready to go.

When it rains it poors.That sucks there 's always next weekend maybe we should start a thread the ultimate fishing list one for winter and one for summer.I am on the road most of my day as a salesman speed traps are on the increase good old cruise control saves me from speeding .Good Luck next time.Mike