stren super braid

spinnerdoc

hi guys i've been using this line and found that it holds it's color pretty well and castability is pretty good...i used to use power pro ( i'll probably get some slack for this ) and the color does not last as long as the super braid from stren, don't get me wrong i like power pro. i've been trying out different kinds...when power pro came out they blew away the competition....i think now adays competition is getting tough just like everything else...just my 2 cents.

hey has anyone tried stealth camo by spiderline? any good? looks good and feels good but you'll never know.

I been using fireline, stren super braid and power pro. The fireline is strong but frays and some people don't like it but I'm happy with it. Stren holds it's color much better then power pro but I have had it snap a few times at the knot. Power pro doesn't hold it's color too well but I haven't had any issues with it. When I first started using braid I bought spiderwire original because it was on sale. After that experience I'll never buy spiderwire again even if the new lines are much better.

I been using fireline, stren super braid and power pro. The fireline is strong but frays and some people don't like it but I'm happy with it. Stren holds it's color much better then power pro but I have had it snap a few times at the knot. Power pro doesn't hold it's color too well but I haven't had any issues with it. When I first started using braid I bought spiderwire original because it was on sale. After that experience I'll never buy spiderwire again even if the new lines are much better.

that's unfortunate, i use the spiderwire ultracast and have no problems what so ever with it!

i had the same issue with power pro once snapped at the knot, i think it was the choice of knot i used. i had a salmon on a spoon and snap...lost em.

personally i like stren super braid and i still like power pro as well.

i go after pike and i don't use wire leaders...so braided is as good as you can get...just have to check for frays often....tight lines guys

I haven't had any issues with the Stren as I have with spider wire. Fireline has treated me well also. Berkley Whiplash was made for only a short period of time but it was amazing. One of my main reels is spooled with it going on 6 years and it looks like new. I just bought some of the P-Line braid last week and so far it looks pretty good, I haven't got to use it yet but feels nice and limp, comparable to power pro so we will see how it fishes.

Ii was checking that out too. feels nice and smooth. i might get some myself. thanks for the info and tips guys.

hirk i agree with you on the super braid being smoother casting due to the finer braid compared to power pro

Edited by spinnerdoc