Any one ever catch that LUNKERVILLE fishing show?

Mr Twister

Oh ,, Too correct my past reply... I got Charlie Moore Confused with Dave Mercer... Couldn't understand why people were bashing him.. Now that I've corrected myself, I agree.. Charlie Moore is a goof LOl... Dave Mercer i think is the most informative show out there now.

Oh ,, Too correct my past reply... I got Charlie Moore Confused with Dave Mercer... Couldn't understand why people were bashing him.. Now that I've corrected myself, I agree.. Charlie Moore is a goof LOl... Dave Mercer i think is the most informative show out there now.

LOL I dont know how you could confuse the two but I bet Dave will just LAUGH IT OFF

I'll watch it.My fav episode was when he had the stag fishing party for his buddie on that little bass pond.Even had a couple "entertainers" in a boat fishing.Now thats the real deal.Some how I'm not sure I learnt any new techniques from that show but I had a smile on my face while watching.

Did you see the Lunkerville episode where they had a bachelor party for the producer?

First they're doing shots of Tequila, then they pile into small boats and go fishing...

They have a couple of bikini clad girls driving another boat around passing out beer...

I figured they would be off the air after that, but I guess not...HAHAHA

• 2 months later...

Hey Guys,

Nice site you have here! I just found it and saw that you were discussing my show, so I thought I would chime in.

I realize Lunkerville is not your average fishing show, so for those of you who don't like it after one or 2 viewings, watch it a few more times. It's obvious I'm no pro fisherman, but that's kind of the concept for the show: the non-expert host gets taught how to fish by his real people guests. I have a ton of fun doing the show and I think I'm actually learning some things too ;)

It's funny... I often get the same initial reaction from viewers that some of you have: "How in the hell does this idiot have his own fishing show?" or "That Mike D. sucks!"... but give it a chance. A lot of those viewers have gotten back to me to say they really enjoy the show now. We're doing something that no one else is doing by featuring everyday anglers as guests... and you never know: you or your buddy might be on the show next week!

Thanks for watching and special thanks to those who appreciate the show. We're on our 5th season and loving it!

Mike D.

There are worse shows on WFN. What about the dude that went to Bermuda or something, I think they showed about 3 mins of fishing where a guy nails a tarpon and it swims through a wackload of mangroves and he tries forever to get it out. I don't care about the plane ride, or the fact that you had to paddle 3 miles through a river to catch grunts all day...

Worst.....show.....ever.

If Lunkerville is on satellite, can someone point me to the right channel?

I'd rather try watching a few episodes on TV than on the computer. Sounds like an interesting show with lots of local colour, kind of like some of the travel shows where the host (usually a young guy) goes to places he knows very little about and is clued in by meeting and establishing a rapport with the local people.

I saw a couple episodes a while back and enjoyed it. The central park ( i believe) episode was good. Sadly I don't get WFN anymore.

and Mike, You may just like this site if you stick around. You learn something new every day here. Example: read my last thread about the effects of not wearing sunscreen in the boat.

Hey Mike, my initial post was a compliment :)

It's nice to see the everyday average guy out fishing. I love the wild exotic shows that WFN has, but I do enjoy the grassroots stuff just as much.

I do however think you need a few episodes filmed in Canada :)

Well I just watched the NYC episode and I thought it was great. Good concept, and fascinating to see that there are great fishing oppurtunities in a city of 8 million. Really enjoyed that and even the crazy guy at the end. I think a toronto show is in order!!

Cheers

I saw a couple episodes a while back and enjoyed it. The central park ( i believe) episode was good. Sadly I don't get WFN anymore.

and Mike, You may just like this site if you stick around. You learn something new every day here.

Of course it may also screw him up totally for his tv show. What if he goes away thinking all downhome Canuck fisherpersons are like us. Sheesh! We're about as normal as Canucks eating grits. This weekend, fer instance, he learned that bass actually suck and that bluegills are just toothless piranha. :P

I've only seen one show, and that one had Mariko on it. So, Mike, what do you look like?

I think I may have in fact seen two episodes. The other was with a woman and her daughter showing him their fave fishin' hole. It was kinda fun seeing folks catching fish without wearing Nascar shirts, or rippin' around in/on a go-faster bassboat. It was during the free month of May thingy. I've actually just paid for WFN this weekend so I'll watch it again soon.

JF

we're scheduling shows in the montreal and toronto areas so look out!... the stupid guy from the states is coming to canada!

and... if you want to be on the show and you're not a professional fisherman, shoot me an email... but remember, we're going to your honey hole, fishing on your boat, with your tackle and you're giving up some of your secret techniques... so be ready to piss off a few of your friends!

i've already received a bunch of invites from WFN viewers to fish in canada, but we're looking for even more potential guests to cull from, so give me a shout if you want to go fishing... and if you have some video to send me, that's even better... we have a "home videos from lunkerville" segment of the show where we feature viewer videos and then ask them to be on the show.

"I'm Mike D. and I get respect

Your cash and your jewelry is what I expect!"

Name that song. Can you do it Mike D?

Dude I really don't mind your show. Keep up the good work. We are all just jealous that you have your own show and we don't. I loved the show when you on Erie and you were in like 50ft of water and you started throwing out the topwater frog (or whatever it was). That was pretty much my favourite thing ever. Well that and the show where you fished that tiny little dam with that fishermom. That was funny too.

lol!

we're scheduling shows in the montreal and toronto areas so look out!... the stupid guy from the states is coming to canada!

and... if you want to be on the show and you're not a professional fisherman, shoot me an email... but remember, we're going to your honey hole, fishing on your boat, with your tackle and you're giving up some of your secret techniques... so be ready to piss off a few of your friends!

i've already received a bunch of invites from WFN viewers to fish in canada, but we're looking for even more potential guests to cull from, so give me a shout if you want to go fishing... and if you have some video to send me, that's even better... we have a "home videos from lunkerville" segment of the show where we feature viewer videos and then ask them to be on the show.

You can come fish out of my 1960 12'(actually 11'8) tinner with a 4.5 hp. It leaks a bunch and is very tippy, and I fish on Simcoe (notoriously big waves) but I catch fish. That would be a sweet episode. The camera man would be in tight quaters for sure. haha!

I think it's a great show. So refreshing, compared to all the cookie-cutter, sponsor-laden good 'ole boy "bassin" shows in their big rigs and bright shirts. He's done a couple shows on Lake Champlain, near where I live and mostly fish, and it's great seeing just regular guys out trying to figure it out like the rest of us. Sometimes you catch them, sometimes you don't.

The show won a pretty prestigious TV Award, I saw on another fishing forum (NYBASS.com). Check it out ...

NYBASS.com Lunkerville Thread

TV Award website

Press Release

Star Choice ch 458

Thanks, Mike, that one does it for me! I'll be tuning in.

The admin on this board could probably set you up with contacts on Nipissing (North Bay/Sturgeon Falls - about 4 hrs drive N of Toronto).

Another place I would suggest is Kincardine (at the base of the Bruce Peninsula on Lake Huron). Fishing near the big nuclear plant would probably be a hoot, and you'd love the town, especially if you're there on a summer Saturday for the weekly Scottish pipe band parade. I could probably set you up with a contact - one of the guys who works at the plant.

Just a couple of thoughts in case some shows in Canada intrigue you.

"I'm Mike D. and I get respect

Your cash and your jewelry is what I expect!"

Name that song. Can you do it Mike D?

that of course is "paul revere" from the beastie boys... good tune... i actually had the pleasure to work with boys in the late 90's... very cool dudes... i edited a 30 minute promotional video for "hello nasty" that had each of them play infomercial pitchmen... i think they actually aired it on late night TV with an 800# for their album... mike d sold an exercise machine, MCA sold a get rich quick scheme and Ad-Rock sold a juicer... anyone remeber seeing that?... good times.

thanks guys for your support and emails :)

Edited by Mike D from Lunkerville

Welcome Aboard Mike

your show is a nice change from some others when your out doing what alot of peopel can do not like some bigger shows that have a full time guide for every trip and only hit a area in prime time. Keep it up maybe one day we can get you on Lake St.Clair I am not a master bass fisherman at all I have not gone out for them in years but still catch them all summer I bet there are some here who would be a hoot to shoot a show with I for one would recomend BBR Or just rich he is a hoot to watch and fishes your style.

Cheers Mike

Welcome aboard indeed, Mike! I've never seen the show, but I am beyond intrigued now...I like the sound of it -- less sponsors, more real people. I also think Mike looks like TJ...just a bit...anybody?