Albion Falls, Hamilton

fishing n autograph

Hey All,

Decided to go out and was looking to capture a few of Hamilton's 100 waterfalls. So, out I went and I'm pleased with the results. Comments and Critiques welcome....there was a lot of strong sunlight so I didn't get the best slow captures but oh well...and for some reason after I posted them on here they looked horrible, not sure why

3424800980_520d41241f_b.jpg

3424981226_a322a38290_b.jpg

3424166517_48dbc7f78c_b.jpg

3424125501_db77e7c713_b.jpg

3424874252_3e75031d02_b.jpg

Edited by FishnNAutographs

we got our pic taken for the spec, the reporter skid down the hill to get a shot of us. We all were cooling off in the water, if I had known the red hill valley creek ran past the dump Well lol ..Id probably still refresh there! The creek run by the new expressway, I have often wondered what or if there is any fish in there! by the by the red hill expressway is super convenient but still could of went with out it! There's still a stretch of the old road buried in weeds and growth by the old limeridge, and you can see age old guard rails of the old road also.....Albion falls is also the site of a mill! Lots of history!

Edited by fishinFanatic69

Good work. The second & 3rd in this post are good compositions. I see that in order to compensate for the strong ligting, you had to reduce the exposure, which turned out to be a good thing, in my mind. While the shots capture the motion of water, it's not clouded, and thus a more natural exposure. It would be a good idea to try the same exposures in early morning or late afternoon/evening light.

Thanks for sharing your work.

• 1 month later...

Great shots, I am a 2 minute drive from there. I spent alot of time in the Albion Falls area as a kid flipping rocks looking for crayfish, salamanders and snakes on the trails. People would be suprised with the amount of natural trails in the Hamilton area, definately alot of history around Albion Falls good/bad/ urban legends. I have seen some fish running the creek through the Kingsforest Golf Course as a kid but of course I didn't pay attention to the time of year or the type of fish at the time.

Edited by express168