Simco water contitions

mistaredone

Hey all, I want to take a boat im looking at buying up in Keswick for a wet run. I never go on the water this early so im not sure what to expect like ice or debris from the spring run off in the water ect. Is there a preferable launch to do the test run the safest? Thanks.

Edited by mistaredone

Hey all, I want to take a boat im looking at buying up in Keswick for a wet run. I never go on the water this early so im not sure what to expect like ice or debris from the spring run off in the water ect. Is there a preferable launch to do the test run the safest? Thanks.

There's one or two public launching points off Lake Drive in Keswick. From Ravenshoe Rd go north on Lake Drive. The first one, I believe is right near the first stop sign, and if memory serves there's another at the foot of Glenwoods

good luck with the new boat, but watch Simcoe it can get very rough very fast even on Cooks Bay never mind the main lake

15" good for the bathtub. 15' fiberglass is fine on Simcoe (possibly)

LOL! If the boats 15 inches I got ripped off real bad. As for Steve at cover of Keswick, he was great and well priced. It looks like I will not get my wet run after all but i will at least launch the boat to test the electronics and trolling motor. Im picking up the boat tomorrow. Ill post some picks as soon as I get her home.