Are there Muskies in Crowe Lake?

Jonaton

I am looking at renting a cottage this sumer and one of the lakes we are looking at is Crowe. I first read that there are muskies in the lake then read that there are not since pike moved into the lake. Does anyone have any clue one way or another?

Thanks for any input

Cheers

Jonaton

There used to be lots of musky in there, then pike moved in, so now if you get a musky, its a big one, and they're hard to catch. I cut my teeth fishing that lake for musky and used to get lots! Tons of pike in there now though, they'll keep ya busy.

Sinker

Guest steel'n'esox

Yes theres still musky in crowe but with the abundance of pike, in the shallow weedy bays you should look for different structure, also excellent chance at a hybrid, caugth one there 18 years ago that was 35inches so theve had time to grow since then, its on my list of lakes to revisit this year

• 9 years later...
1 hour ago, Joan said:

I have been on the Crowe river north of the lake for 10 years and have never seen a muskie. In fact there are very few fish at all. The river has been over fished by amateurs who rent the cottages.

Better late than never. The fish Jonaton released are probably trophies now. ;)

2 hours ago, Joan said:

The river has been over fished by amateurs who rent the cottages.

Are we to assume then that all those who actually own cottages on the lake are Pro's ?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Joan said:

Who is Jonatan ad what did he release?

No idea. Your first post was in reply to a 9 year old thread. I'm assuming he's one of those cottage renters/amateur fisherman who fished out Crowe River?? :dunno: Maybe he turned pro and bought a cottage??

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 years later...

Yes there are still musky in the crow lake and a few in the river but you will be hard pressed to get into one unless you find a way around the pike. 
story is the ministry ( accidentally) dropped 20thousand pike into the river instead of musky. Truth is the closing of the musky hatchery just west at what was deer lake but is now cordova made a huge impact on how musky were managed and the ministry may have been responsible for the severe decline in musky populations all over Ontario by replacing with a more invasive pike population anglers have unfortunately become accustomed to this new smaller slimmy stinky version . A new musky hatchery was opened at codrington but never lasted long. Bottom line ministry is responsible for Ontarios declined musky population.

Photo baby musky caught this year crow river released quickly unharmed 

3CEDB9E9-BF14-48C3-A1E4-18A04B58D4FD.jpeg

Edited by Muskiemoe

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...