Sat Apr 4 Dunville Cats

Victor

This past Sat I finally found time to head out to Dunville for some channel cats with fellow board member Sharper, we have both been wanting to go for quite some time now. The wind was going at 40km/h and it was quite brutal. We fished from about 5pm-12am. Saw only 2 other guys who left when we got there and we had the place all to ourselves. Sharper ended up going 3/6 (14, 13, 11) and I went 2/3 (11, 2). We both caught our very first channel cat ever and this was my first fish of 09 which made it that much more special after skunking 5-6 times chasing the steeles. I'll let the pic do the rest ...

IMG_4701.jpg

IMG_4705.jpg

Just in case if any of you are wondering, all fish was caught using fishmaster's cutbait. I brought my own but I just switched over when Sharper hooked his 1st.

Thank you everyone!

wow nice cats! What does this cutbait look like on the hook? I might head out and get some suckers and try this out!

cut bait is basically chunks of dead fish, google it up and you'll found alot of information.

WTG Victor...

Did you use your carp equipment ?

I can see where a bait runner and an alarm would come in handy fishing for those kitties... :lol:

Yeah I did use my carp setup (with the pod/alarms/baitrunner) but these fish just seem to hang on to the bait and sit there. They didn't run much, we just had to "set the hook" every once in a while to see if there's one on the other end of the line.

Totally awesome...Congrats to the both of you. Would've loved to go on Saturday with you guys but I was busy...There's always next time. You can try using over flavoured boilies for them...Last year I got into quite a number of them in the Niagara when I was fishing for carp...Certainly a lot less messy than cut-bait for sure.

Totally awesome...Congrats to the both of you. Would've loved to go on Saturday with you guys but I was busy...There's always next time. You can try using over flavoured boilies for them...Last year I got into quite a number of them in the Niagara when I was fishing for carp...Certainly a lot less messy than cut-bait for sure.

Great report Vic! we toughed it out in the 40k wind and have something to show for it. The cutbait wasn't too bad Mike, it actually smelled good after awhile lol.

Great report and pics Victor :thumbsup_anim:

Must feel real good to finally catch your first cat and a big one to boot :thumbsup_anim:

Congratulations to both of you :clapping: on those beauties!!!

Now all you need is to catch your first steel :canadian:

Good job you guys and thanks for sharing

Leechman