sled thru the ice

tinbanger

:D:D:D

Apparently some genius was sledding on the ice in Hogs bay and ended up in the drink ,his buddies were trying to assist with 12' tinney.

results - charged with boat with no safety gear ..among other charges. :huh:

I'm sure someone will find the news storey and post the link .

TB

really? wow, someone tries to do a good deed and save someone (even though the guy being saved is probably an idiot and some would say he deserves it and maybe even his buddies for that matter) so now they were supposed to make sure they had the proper safety equipment before they helped,

well i see ya drownin out there but i dont have my whistle, i'll just run to the store and be back in a jiffy,.............................. gimme a break

hope there's something else to this story

I am guessing some attitude was involved as well ,either from the cops or the would be rescuers/sleder.

tb

Can't find any new item on the web but heard it just this afternoon on the local radio news break ,april fools ended at noon right ? :huh:

TB

there's more to the story, the group were out there puddle jumping, they had the boat to help pull the sled out if it went in the water or got stuck....they told the cops once they got the sled out and running again....they'd be back at it....so no it was not a good deed, it was poor planning added to a really stupid stunt.....

Maureen

Nuthin new. A buddy was doing all that way back in around 1982 with his Polaris at Honey Harbour. Once up on plane no probs and could go forever. He wore a wetsuit and divers float vest. Not a good time to run out of gas I imagine. He was always a bit crazy though.....

we have at least that much here too...it ain't ice-out yet

not even close

i;m goin to a litle lake for rainbows tomorrow and specks the day after and splake the day after that, still 20+inches of snow here in the bush too!

not even close

i;m goin to a litle lake for rainbows tomorrow and specks the day after and splake the day after that, still 20+inches of snow here in the bush too!

yep, lots of snow,heck, theres that much on my front lawn I may go for another batch of them splake I posted this weekend

Edited by Dara

Don't want to get into a Southern vs Northern Ontario Rip here. But them CityIots should of gotten charged for

Dangerous driving

Stupidity

Using cheap drugs

Idiots like that will have snowmobilers confined to approved trails, Safety courses, Operators Card etc

So i talked with a couple of guys who puddle jump there. They have been doing it for about a month now and they actually have that tinner on shore to get sleds out that go through. THey are puddle jumpin in about 4 ft of water and almost everyday a sled sinks. It is not a big deal. They take the tinner off the shore and attach ropes to the sled and drag it back to shore. They have done this numerous times this year. This time the officer decides to throw a life jacket / safety charge at them. Kind of funny but not really nice.

So i talked with a couple of guys who puddle jump there. They have been doing it for about a month now and they actually have that tinner on shore to get sleds out that go through. THey are puddle jumpin in about 4 ft of water and almost everyday a sled sinks. It is not a big deal. They take the tinner off the shore and attach ropes to the sled and drag it back to shore. They have done this numerous times this year. This time the officer decides to throw a life jacket / safety charge at them. Kind of funny but not really nice.

Any idiot knows that if you're on the water in a boat you need PFD's... no matter the depth of the water!

... well maybe not any idiot...