Innisfil Ice fisher folks

Roy

thats Bull

i park there every weekend and have yet to witness any garbage left behind or anyone riding anything on the grass. im pretty sure everyone rides on the road than access the ice from the launch

i would agree with the paying if there was indeed damage to property and garbage left behind but this is just Bull

Makes sense to me, if the city is on the hook to provide services for patrons who use the park in the winter months ie. plowing and garbage pickup..

then why should we not pony up a few buck to guarantee access to the resource?

better then the alternative of shutting the park down and gating it.

G

As those spots near the ramp are clearly marked "NO PARKING" I have no sympathy for those ticketed.

If the fees imposed are reasonable I have no problem paying. I was there 3 times this winter. It would only work if it was charged on entrance to the park. This could be costly as it would require an attendant or a pay as you enter type of gate. The second option would make it hard not to charge the locals. They could issue resident swipe cards but this would also add to the cost.

If they tried imposing a machine to get a ticket to put on your dash than only more would opt to park on the ice only increasing problems. Also how do you identify local residents. Township stickers or dashboard cards issued? Or would you have to register your plate # with parking enforcement. All added cost.

I have never seen garbage or the lawn torn up, so I'm going to say cash grab too.

Most people pull up, park, unload their snowmobile or atv, transfer stuff from the vehicle, change clothes and they're off, then reverse the order when done. Where is this garbage coming from? They ride their snowmobile or ATV down the dirt road to the launch, no grass involved.

Joey

Let me get this straight. The whole world around Innisfil litters, but the Locals are perfect, they never throw a cigarette butt on the ice, they never kept too many fish and never go back out when there limit is in the freezer. I think All the towns surrounding the Great Lakes and the Niagara River should do the same to you guys coming down for trout if that's the case.

One more things, why would the Locals need free parking if they are local they can walk to the Lake or drive there skidoo's or quads. Isn't it the tourist that put money into your little towns? I stopped going to simcoe last year cause this Bull, used to go few times durring Ice Season and a few in the Spring and summer, but I would rather take my parking money and keep going down the road to a town that appreciates the money! You guys that live around the lake should start voting in some Politicians that care about the Lake not raping the tourist!

WEll....WEll....Well......I hate to say I told you so but.....I posted a topic about the essa fishing permit a long while back and mentioned Innisfil doing this.

Half the people on here thought I was out to lunch with essa charging a fee and now innisfil is going to do it.

2020 should cost the average person fishing a pretty penny!

oh I am a local! It is a totaly cash grab! Locals litter! and Innsifil employees many employees who clean the area frequently. The garbage debate is bull crap! It's not even an issue. Its wrong people litter but there is already staff on the pay roll who have the whole place cleaned up before noon on the first warm day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Might mean the end of Fishing for Tyler...will have to look into that.....very sad, but lots of areas are doing this...

Maureen

Don't think it would mean the end Maureen... but it might be worth a phone call or email to plant the seed to have them add a subsection that waves the fees during a fund raising event.

Might mean the end of Fishing for Tyler...will have to look into that.....very sad, but lots of areas are doing this...

Maureen

Im sure Wayne would be willing to add some trout to his pool and even have a turkey fry. :lol:

WEll....WEll....Well......I hate to say I told you so but.....I posted a topic about the essa fishing permit a long while back and mentioned Innisfil doing this.

Half the people on here thought I was out to lunch with essa charging a fee and now innisfil is going to do it.

2020 should cost the average person fishing a pretty penny!

It seems they think this will solve thier problems.NOT.

So if I,m going to pay a fee,can I rip up the grass?

CASH GRAB ,just like Essa.

yeah right if you call that plowing then, I should send them a bill for towing charges..then I would forward the money to Paul and Joey ....for helping....me

it's a cash grab for sure

Welcome to unfriendly lake simcoe home of no parking

no lake access and greedy towns

inni.gif

Edited by Terry

This type of thing really burns my berries.

Instead of looking for opportunities to encourage the large number of people who chose to recreate on and near the Lake to stay and spend even more money in their community they want to make the problem (out of towners) go away. The main reason this type of thing happens is because the people who run and are voted into positions of power are only concerned with the short term (the next election) and easy solutions (in this case taxing people who have no vote) to complex multi-levelled "problems".

I'll buy my supplies elswhere.

The best options would be to remove the park and the parking lot. That way there are no maintenance costs, no grass cutting, no snow plowing, no garbage clean up. Problem solved. If the people don't get the hint then put up a giant wall around the lake the, keep all the smelly people away.

Guys, take a left, and then a right hand on the next line......park on the ice. It's free.

On the weekends or on a nice day, in the summer, unless you get up early.....don't bother trying to use the launch or the park.....it's full.

I guess they don't charge enough.